Stretching the truth

I don't know if it is just me or can someone enlighten me? (this adds up to 108%)

attachment.php

Maybe it's not just the agents who are full of spin. ;)

Attachments

• Lies & Statistics.PNG
    Lies & Statistics.PNG
    297 KB · Views: 625
Last edited:
I typically use more than one and I'd think most people here would.

I'm surprised it doesn't add up to higher than 108%

I was searching for a property on domain. The map function kept stuffing up, so I tried re.com.au that day. I found a property that WASNT listed on domain. It had terrible photos (dark and hard to see). I decided to inspect and it was way better than what I'd been seeing and cheaper. I signed contracts yesterday.

I reckon not listing on Domain (and the terrible photos) did no favours for the vendor.

I was searching for a property on domain. The map function kept stuffing up, so I tried re.com.au that day. I found a property that WASNT listed on domain. It had terrible photos (dark and hard to see). I decided to inspect and it was way better than what I'd been seeing and cheaper. I signed contracts yesterday.

I reckon not listing on Domain (and the terrible photos) did no favours for the vendor.

I've had it the other way, usually re.com is considered number 1. I saw a commercial site in Leichardt that was just advertised in domain. It was a $4m site yet there was 0 advertising besides a standard ad on domain. It was being sold by and agent so I found it very unusual.

I was very keen on the site and maintained constant contact with the agent always saying that if the owners were going to accept an offer to give me a chance to put my best offer in before selling. The agent said that it had to go auction as three sisters owned the property and they would not accept anything prior to auction.

I was preparing for auction and then saw on domain a comment saying 'under offer' 1 week before auction. Scum bag agent sold it without even contacting me.

Eventually found out the agent sold it to a friend. Reported to fair trading and they did nothing. Spoke to the owner and they said the agent had no interest so they sold it on the advice of the agent.

Once you add stamp duty, legal cost, repair, building&pest inspection usually will go to 105-108%.

Oh wait this is not about loan lvr ???

Back