How much would it cost to build a small 3 bedroom house?

I know "it depends", but what's the ballpark figure for a cheap project home if I don't make any changes (which is where things get expensive, as I understand it). Assuming the build goes smoothly, no surprises. As I said no fancy modifications to the "off the plan" design. How much is it these days, could I get something done for as cheap as $150-180k?

My contract price on my 2 x 3br 2 living single garage (147sqm) is $137k each. This excludes driveway, floor coverings, window treatments and air conditioning.

My contract price on my 2 x 3br 2 living single garage (147sqm) is $137k each. This excludes driveway, floor coverings, window treatments and air conditioning.

What's a window treatment, you mean curtains?

137k is insane...I didn't think you could get them that cheap! I assume it's basically just an "off the plan" build, no customisations / alterations?

You can customise it as much as you want so long as the floor sqm remains the same. Any additional roof hip & valleys created due to customisation are extra though.

That price also includes 2700 ceilings and 1.5 car width garage.

But yes its a volume builder who churns out 1500 houses pa.

Also depends on where. Adelaide is probably the cheapest, and Perth with its building methods is probably the most expensive.

You can customise it as much as you want so long as the floor sqm remains the same. Any additional roof hip & valleys created due to customisation are extra though.

That price also includes 2700 ceilings and 1.5 car width garage.

But yes its a volume builder who churns out 1500 houses pa.

Who is the builder Dave. Are they in sydney

Hang on, Dave, you found a builder in Sydney who'll build a brand new house for $930 per square meter? Give us his details please Dave!

Back