Elizabeth Downs -Hot lead for low cost Mortgagee Sale

Anyone have any suggestions where I should buy next ip?

Somewhere that is not Elizabeth as I have a couple here already.

Was thinking somewhere closer to the city (>10km distance) prospect, green acres etc something around $300-350k

What is good value? Don't really know a bargain out of Elizabeth :p

It's mostly sub 5% yields and high SD that close to the CBD. Good luck finding anything near 300k in Prospect. Double your budget and you might get some decent.

Anyone have any suggestions where I should buy next ip?

Somewhere that is not Elizabeth as I have a couple here already.

Was thinking somewhere closer to the city (>10km distance) prospect, green acres etc something around $300-350k

What is good value? Don't really know a bargain out of Elizabeth :p

I saw some splittable houses in gilles plains that might suit ya?

It's mostly sub 5% yields and high SD that close to the CBD. Good luck finding anything near 300k in Prospect. Double your budget and you might get some decent.

Doesn't have to be immaculate. Wouldn't mind a Reno that could rent out for a few years

Bez how is your double block in liz south going? :D

Hahahahaa, guess i got caught out?

Not too bad. 10k reno. Still have an asbestos garage to remove in the near future. Rented out for 260 pw to a nurse working in Ashford, North Adelaide. Being close to the train station attracts different tenants i guess.

Initial consultation shows that I can retain and possibly cut 3/4 blocks out the back. Will create a new post when i have more numbers. Planning to subdivide then build/ sell off land depending on the market when it is finished.

Hahahahaa, guess i got caught out?

Not too bad. 10k reno. Still have an asbestos garage to remove in the near future. Rented out for 260 pw to a nurse working in Ashford, North Adelaide. Being close to the train station attracts different tenants i guess.

Initial consultation shows that I can retain and possibly cut 3/4 blocks out the back. Will create a new post when i have more numbers. Planning to subdivide then build/ sell off land depending on the market when it is finished.

Be sure to take lots of photos and start up a thread to show the story behind this buy as time goes on. :)

Be sure to take lots of photos and start up a thread to show the story behind this buy as time goes on. :)

Will do, still in preliminary phase and too busy working these days to make any progress after renting out. Sad that i am going to miss 2 ss catch up - cant dig your brains about it.

Yeah I would love to see those pictures to prove me wrong. I still stand by my initial comments about the condition. 10k reno to get that place liveable would be an amazing effort.

So, the Royals will be going to visit Elizabeth tomorrow. I was driving there recently, and have noticed the council has re-landscaped a lot of the area + put up new suburb signage for the visit.

Reminded me of an old joke a Scottish client once told me, that the Queen thinks the world smells of wet paint. (because there's always a brigade of maintenance crews sprucing up the place 50m ahead of them.) :)

Just a sneak peak. Will create a new thread when I know more about the division plan.

Also like I pointed out before, the 10k doesn't include removal of the garage which might be thousands. I'm happy with the result so far renting out for 260 (slightly above market) with purely cosmetic Reno's.

Attachments

• IMG_20140318_102208.jpg
    IMG_20140318_102208.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_20140314_121439.jpg
    IMG_20140314_121439.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_20140314_121418.jpg
    IMG_20140314_121418.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_20140306_154011.jpg
    IMG_20140306_154011.jpg