Somersoft's Asy

Did anyone else see Somersoft's (past forum mod) Asy on ACA tonight?

No, has been a very long time no see. I remember talking to her about PM stuff in the somersoft forum like 10 years ago. I wonder how she's doing?
What was the segment about?

Did anyone else see Somersoft's (past forum mod) Asy on ACA tonight?
When I first saw I thought it was Asy,and I asked someone in the chat room if that was the ex real estate agent,,and the way the property was looked a bit strange at the start,it's good to see the ending I hope the Lady starts to turn her life around,just goes to show the future is unknown,i meet ASY and Brenda and her husband one night in the Salisbury State School one night when Peter Span put on a interesting talk about investing and drinking cask wine..

It is sad to see people reduced to this state and although I dislike ACA I think they've achieved some good in this instance. I hope this gets her back on track.

Reactions: dex
I just checked the website. I didn't know they had a site where you could watch things but curious to know if it is the hoarding story?

I just checked the website. I didn't know they had a site where you could watch things but curious to know if it is the hoarding story?
That's the one.

I find it a pity to have raised her name in the thread, linked to a previously anonymous username. I'm not sure that she would appreciated being outed.

That's the one.

I find it a pity to have raised her name in the thread, linked to a previously anonymous username. I'm not sure that she would appreciated being outed.

I agree she probably would not be happy, but I guess she has agreed to go on ACA, so there really is nowhere to hide, and if she is out there for the whole of Australia to see on a national TV show, I'm guessing she has accepted the downside of being "outed". But perhaps the upside of getting her life on track is enough to balance that out. I would really hope that people would understand this issue is not an easy fix, and is no reflection on her as a person. It is an illness.

Is that a good or bad thing??? My hubby and I argue over getting rid of ours - kid and adult version every time we move. Just going to play a game now...

Cash flow is a good game. Played it a lot years ago, still have it on my shelf.

The only problem is that it's very predictable, so after you've played it a few times it's easy to get ahead and difficult to make mistakes.

Good that it was not thrown out.

Cash flow is a good game. Played it a lot years ago, still have it on my shelf.

The only problem is that it's very predictable, so after you've played it a few times it's easy to get ahead and difficult to make mistakes.

Good that it was not thrown out.
Cool, I've only played Cashflow a couple of times, going way back, 10+ years. My kids have mucked around playing. Tonight was the first time I played the kids one properly with them. My 14 year old loved it, beat me badly. 11 year old got a bit confused and lost interest and quit. I think it could teach some good lessons. (hopefully makes her realise an iPhone 5 and phone credit is a huge waste) :)

Last edited:
can someone give me the cliffs of who this person in question is/was?
i must have missed it totally

The forum's been around for about 14 years. In the past this person was a valued contributor for various reasons.

She owned a RE agency in Brisbane and headed up the property management department of it. I was looking to get into PM at the time (still am) so she was a wealth of knowledge to chat to.

Lots more people came to the chat in those days.

She owned a RE agency in Brisbane and headed up the property management department of it. I was looking to get into PM at the time (still am) so she was a wealth of knowledge to chat to.

Lots more people came to the chat in those days.

Ahh I see
And since then the wheels have fallen off for her and she became a hoarder????

If so, sorry to hear that

Ahh I see
And since then the wheels have fallen off for her and she became a hoarder????

If so, sorry to hear that

Fair to say that she was never a tidy person, but I was a bit shocked to see the state of her home. Knowing a bit about her I can see how this situation came about, she's had it very, very tough. I'm glad people were able to help her, she's a good person. I do miss her contributions to the forum.

Back