Anyone heard of Positive Real Estate?

Does anyone realise Positive Real Estate only push property where they get paid 6% + commission? They don't select good value property, only property they get paid well for. So when they "push" you a $400,000 property, keep in mind they are being paid $24,000 for their "helpfulness".

"surprise Surprise!!".

Interesting that you pulled up a 3 year old thread as your first post. May I ask why? Your competitors?

Does anyone realise Positive Real Estate only push property where they get paid 6% + commission? They don't select good value property, only property they get paid well for. So when they "push" you a $400,000 property, keep in mind they are being paid $24,000 for their "helpfulness".

Hi DaveT

What makes you say the above?

I've never purchased a property from them and though they assisted with purchasing various types, so just curious as to the background to the statement

Surprise surprise, no denial from you.
What about my competitors? Great grammar.

Nothing wrong with my grammar- just condensed. Is that your avoidance technique?

No I'm not denying your claim. As you would have read in this thread, I'm not a fan of theirs but you're the one that's supposedly dealt with them.

Either tell your story or we can all just assume you are their competitor and are just trying to discredit them.

Over to you!

My friends ended up joining the program and forking out the $9000 joining fee. I dare say it doesn't take much of a mistake on the first IP to loose $9k so lets hope its money well spent for them.

I'll see if I can remember to dig this thread up in 12 months and see where they're at. If they don't mind of course

How about that update Shady?! A bit past 12 months but I suppose all the better!

I just saw Jason speak at a Think And Grow Rich seminar (which if anything made me skeptical of their service from the outset) but I have to say I was pretty close to parting with my $9,000 to join up! 'Pretty' close... So you could say this is my due diligence.

I am screaming out for a mentor and I guess they were the first 'convincing' outfit I've seen. The fact they are BA's worries me though. Oh and the $10,000 price tag!

So lets please keep up the discussion! Any of the original posters got an update? Any other mentoring programs you would recommend above PositiveP?

Cheers guys.

[p.s. this is my first night discovering Somersoft and my first post, so hi everyone, nice to have found you!]

Like someone already mentioned I am also screaming to get a mentor on board and push forward with creating a portfolio. One can do this without help but then again how many mistakes will you make before you get it right. Always learn from other's mistakes and surround yourself with individuals who are more knowledgeable. Having said that....................

Can anyone give some confirmation that:
- this PRE is not a scam
- they give sound and credible advise
- they are value for money?
- etc.

Cheers

The fact they are BA's worries me though. Oh and the $10,000 price tag!

We looked into PRE about 18 months ago. Liked their "style" and investment strategy and used some of their contacts e.g. advisors and brokers, but did not buy into their mentor program.

We sat down with them and asked them how they made money. They were open and honest and said they are a licensed real estate agency and make the same commission that RE Agents do. They look for good deals and pass these on.

So I don't think they can also be buyers agent. There is an explicit law against taking commission from both the buyer and the vendor.

Like someone already mentioned I am also screaming to get a mentor on board and push forward with creating a portfolio. One can do this without help but then again how many mistakes will you make before you get it right. Always learn from other's mistakes and surround yourself with individuals who are more knowledgeable. Having said that....................

Can anyone give some confirmation that:
- this PRE is not a scam
- they give sound and credible advise
- they are value for money?
- etc.

Cheers

Value for money is a value judgement. You'll have to determine that yourself.

PRE offer a service. You need to work out for yourself whether it's beneficial to you.

I have posted elsewhere on the forums about my experience with PRE: they are good experiences, I think their strategy is excellent, we used some of their professional contacts (financial advice, mortgage brokers) but didn't buy into their mentor program.

IMHO it's easy to create a property portfolio. Very hard in the current climate to make one that is a good investment. Work out whether you want properties that will impress your friends, or impress your accountant.

Push forward by buying ONE good investment property. You need to determine the meaning of "good investment". :D

First determine your strategy. To do that, identify your risk tolerance: are you feeling lucky? How much work do you want to put in? Can you wait 10 years to get your investment back? Can you wait 15 years to get a decent return?

My opinion is that we're in a new era. The old era enjoyed decades of capital growth. This left the road in 2003 and came to an end in 2008. I don't think that many of the "investors" have worked this out, most are still buying low-yield properties on the expectation that capital growth will just happen and all they need do is hold on for a couple of years and negatively gear the losses to ease the pain. Property developers are going broke: if they cannot make a buck then who can?

There will be capital growth, but it won't be a doubling every 7 years. Positively geared properties are out there but you don't get rich quick out of them UNLESS they are in a mining town BUT the risks of failure are higher out there.

I think the strategy needs to involve buying a property that can have both the yield and capital value improved quickly. This is not a new strategy, lots of other people know it, so finding these properties takes time. Margins are thin because other people are willing to pay too much.

Not financial advice, YMMV, etc.

If you guys are unsure about legit of PRE or any other mob, check if they are members of PIPA. Members have to abide by certain standards to be members....so gives you some assurance. And if they are not members, you gotta question why not.....

If I were in an unmonitored, unregulated industry such as property investment advice, I would want to assure clients/potential clients by being a member that I was legit, and nort going to scam them...

Just my two bobs worth.

Pre

I've downloaded a few free mini seminars of theirs and would like to take it further. I like their style. I don't want to pay $10000 or whatever for a mentor. Can someone tell me who they recommend as a finance broker? I tried LMS but they have been bought out by someone else. Any help much appreciated....;)

There are plenty of great brokers on this forum. Check out the finance section or post there asking for one. You'll get lots of recommendations there.

I have also looked into PRE and questioned the need for paying for a mentor, but with anything in life to get better you need a coach.
I have also looked at a couple of other "wealth creation" companies who all seem to say the same thing,mainly self education and goals are the most important thing you should focus on first.

My gut feeling is they are ok and offer support and guidance for as long as you want or need not sure if it worth the price tag or not.

My main concern is the claim to have 35 000 clients but no one on this forum seems to use them.

Cheers

i have been to couple of PRE seminars as well as others- and used them to increase my knowledge. plus this forum has helped a lot.
with more information I am more confident - Of course ..still a long way to go..

the thing is i like thinking & talking about property -
my wife points me to a nice boutique shop in the mall - but, the stuff in the shop does not interests me at all...i see it as type of property and wonder value of it, what rent yields these kind of stores return - and if its a franchise..and etc etc

so if a person is interested in the topic - prolly can use PRE just as one of the several knowledge source/perspectives...and if not interested much, then pay for their support system....i know one work mate paid over $5000 to Dymphna Boholts program.. and I hope it works for her.

Last edited:
My opinion is that we're in a new era. The old era enjoyed decades of capital growth. This left the road in 2003 and came to an end in 2008. I don't think that many of the "investors" have worked this out, most are still buying low-yield properties on the expectation that capital growth will just happen and all they need do is hold on for a couple of years and negatively gear the .

That is a very broad statement to make (April 2012) and obviously not correct, there are markets going gangbusters as we speak and this equates to big $ within a short time frame.

Look at what is happening in Syd at the moment, if that is not a booming market then I don't know what you would call it.

Perth (various pockets) has had 18 months of growth, 20-30% profit within 12 months.

I know a developer/builder whose development site in Melb has gone up by almost $100,000 within 6 month period.

i have been to couple of PRE seminars as well as others- and used them to increase my knowledge. plus this forum has helped a lot.
with more information I am more confident - Of course ..still a long way to go..

the thing is i like thinking & talking about property -
my wife points me to a nice boutique shop in the mall - but, the stuff in the shop does not interests me at all...i see it as type of property and wonder value of it, what rent yields these kind of stores return - and if its a franchise..and etc etc

so if a person is interested in the topic - prolly can use PRE just as one of the several knowledge source/perspectives...and if not interested much, then pay for their support system....i know one work mate paid over $5000 to Dymphna Boholts program.. and I hope it works for her.

I know someone who spent $30,000 on DH seminar, I think this person has gone backwards.

My opinion is that we're in a new era. The old era enjoyed decades of capital growth. This left the road in 2003 and came to an end in 2008. I don't think that many of the "investors" have worked this out, most are still buying low-yield properties on the expectation that capital growth will just happen and all they need do is hold on for a couple of years and negatively gear the losses to ease the pain. Property developers are going broke: if they cannot make a buck then who can?

There will be capital growth, but it won't be a doubling every 7 years. Positively geared properties are out there but you don't get rich quick out of them UNLESS they are in a mining town BUT the risks of failure are higher out there.

time to move on from the yield focus brought on by the GFC... real estate is going to pluto

I attended a seminar by Paul Counsel. He is a Perth local. I paid $1500 for a weekend seminar in 2000 and never regretted it. I'm not sure how well he is known on this forum but he seemed legit and his advice was gold imho. He is still around and doing well from what I understand.

Dont know anything about PRE therefore wont comment :)

Back