Recent changes to Brisbane Council minimum lot subdivision

i actually hadn't thought of that - but it makes a lot of sense...

the first proper aerial piccies of stafford/kedron and the inner north are all dated 1946.

I had heard that it was because of the repatriation from the war - there were so many blokes that didn't come home etc. that they did a city wide census and titles check/redistribution to cope with the changes in population and new buildings going up with immigrants etc. The aerials were all part of that so that existing housing could be measured against proposed expansions and current records. part of it was that whole widow split on two titled blocks - aerial piccies were a really easy way to check against buildings that were not approved too!!

BCC have been a great source of information - we got pages and pages of info from them - some with the original 'approval' date stamped on them (193? - 1932, from what I can read - think I might need a magnifying glass :confused:). You can also obtain old photographs of the streetscape and the original appearance of the house, complete with the dirt roads and no kerbing and guttering!!!

I would definitely make the local council offices my first port of call - they are an amazing source of information, and have always been most helpful.

Cheers
LynnH

to get info from BCC do you have to be the owner of the property or can you request for info on any property regardless of ownership

CFP

We got info from BCC before we owned the property, however we had signed a contract to purchase it, and took a copy of that with us when we went to council.

As to whether you can get info on just any property at all, don't know the answer to that one. You could tell them that you are thinking about buying the property, I guess. Perhaps someone else can give a more definitive answer to this question???

Cheers
LynnH

you can get the info on any property...i am just a dumb REA and i have obtained the info on hundreds of homes over the years as part of doing homework for possible dev sites. I don't even live in a BCC suburb.

all the info is public info, there is nothing there that is affected by the privacy act so to speak.

Back