Perth property listings - under 9,000

Chalk up someone else who has noticed the rental market in Perth at the moment is very soft. Not a good time to have a vacant property. With the increasing proportion of investors in the buying market it might not take long for this issue to start impacting on values as well.

If the existing house was positioned slightly further back on the block it would of been a possibility to retain it whilst building two new ones (one in front and one behind) and reap the $$$.

Be nice if this was possible

This road is a main artery, near shops so may be a good one for apartments, rezoned to R40??

The last sale that I am aware of on Archibald was around $600K but it was an absolute dump about 5 months ago?? similar size lot.

I would have thought $610-620K would be a fair price for the property, but I have not seen it and not sure if the block is flat, looks like it is, easements etc. need to be looked at.

I have mentioned Willagee a bit lately, I just love the money its going to make, and as the market is changing I think due to location and demand I would say this is a safe place to park your money and watch it grow, of course do your own homework, you may see it differently to me.:)

MTR:)

Last edited:
reiwa states that property listings are up to 11,598, more than a 1000 up from a month ago. is this indicative of the market edging toward balanced/oversupply, or people finally putting their homes on the market due to spring and the better weather?

reiwa states that property listings are up to 11,598, more than a 1000 up from a month ago. is this indicative of the market edging toward balanced/oversupply, or people finally putting their homes on the market due to spring and the better weather?

It's a sign of people selling up and moving east where the work is. Rental vacancies are also up.

MTR,

How much do you think this should go for in this market today...

I know there are a lot of variables etc. etc.

I'm pretty sure this was on the market and went to auction but fell through???

Now they have put a price on it. Just wondering where you see it, in today's market.

http://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-wa-willagee-118005499

Is there any chance you could do a back of an envelope figure based on your knowledge...

Not too fussed on whether it makes any money or not.... just interested. I'm not looking to purchase just have never really looked at Willagee before.

Always looked around Hilton, Whitegum Valley, Hamilton Hill and Coolbelup but have noticed you talk about Willagee a bit lately :)

Cheers

Had a look through this one on the weekend - decent block, but poor cashflow until re-zoning goes through. Still can't figure out how the property next door has 3 villas and is zoned R20 according to intramaps??

Phone Council

Yep, its -ve cashflow as is the case with most buy and holds, and with deve sites can be more depending on when you jumped in.

The idea is if you are planning to develop and worked out the numbers, holding costs is a given, when you develop you will make xx profit which cover holding costs and make a profit of xx%

There are also taxes that must be paid if selling and you offset these losses.

My wife and I purchased a solid old place in Willagee 18 months ago with the intention of renovating/extending it for our PPOR, It's on a 743sqm block and will be rezoned R40.

We have lived in it for 12 months now to get a good feel for what reno's we want but now I'm thinking all the value is in the block so any $$$ spent on the house will be dead money.

Thoughts?

My wife and I purchased a solid old place in Willagee 18 months ago with the intention of renovating/extending it for our PPOR, It's on a 743sqm block and will be rezoned R40.

We have lived in it for 12 months now to get a good feel for what reno's we want but now I'm thinking all the value is in the block so any $$$ spent on the house will be dead money.

Thoughts?

How long do you plan on living in the area? Attached to the house?

Might be a good opportunity to develop and increase your asset base or make some coin.

Yes, the agent phoned me before it hit the market.

She also sold 3 x 711 sqm side by side, in Arkwell? for $710K each, not flat blocks sold to an investor/developer.

You don't buy from this agent as she gets top $.

Yes, the agent phoned me before it hit the market.

She also sold 3 x 711 sqm side by side, in Arkwell? for $710K each, not flat blocks sold to an investor/developer.

You don't buy from this agent as she gets top $.

Atwell :cool:

Why not close to Freo?

Just trying to understand :)

Sorry, I worded that poorly. Thanks for clarifying D.T. :)

We purchased the place (our first) because we wanted a full block as close to Fremantle as we could get in our price range. As D.T said, I cant see us having an opportunity to purchase a similar size block that close to the port unless we accidentally fall into a bucket of money. :p

We are also on Arkwell st and do enjoy the area. Young families, plenty of open space, close to Freo and Garden City etc. etc. That being said, I also like the idea of having a big deposit/little mortgage on our next place!

Decisions Decisions..........

PP01
... and that is why the area is such a gem, cos it does not matter what you do either way you will make money, it ticks so many boxes.

As you purchased 12 months ago, you purchased probably 50-100K less than me..... good for you:)

Chalk up someone else who has noticed the rental market in Perth at the moment is very soft. Not a good time to have a vacant property. With the increasing proportion of investors in the buying market it might not take long for this issue to start impacting on values as well.
It's the first time in 11 years that I've held a rental viewing and had 0 people turn up and 0 applications.
It's a sign of people selling up and moving east where the work is. Rental vacancies are also up.
What do you base that opinion on? I think you could be spot on. A large proportion of the tenant pool I'm seeing are on working or study visa's or new Australians.

Last edited:
Back