Paul Flynn Properties

Hi All,
I am wondering if anyone has any info on Paul Flynn or his company Paul Flynn Properties. He seems to be renting funished properties to refugees via the government and selling the package. The properties our around the Logan area south of Brisbane. Has any one had any dealings with Paul or his co? Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Edinburgh

Thanks, Truly Exotic. I'll be looking into how exactly Paul's deals work. They seem to me to be definately a niche type of market that maybe he has managed to tap into and make work ( he's claiming pretty good returns)- I can't imagine anyone wanting a furnished place in these areas either, unless they were in a refugee type situation, and the govt had sent them there, so there's a bit of research needed! I was mainly wondering if anyone had had any dealings with Paul or his Co. Both yourself and Dave M don't sound too complimentary. I've just read the article in API, sounds like he's been around for a while.
Thanks for the link,
Edinburgh

Hi
I think you need to be careful with those returns, yes, he is renting to refugees but what happens when Government policy changes? Are you paying too much now for the property purely on returns?? I am not saying you are, just do your homework.

I have purchased one property but not in his capacity as a BA, he was the selling agent for a bank and it was a mortagee sale, not the usual stuff he sells and not in the same area.

Also, there is a write up on him in the lastest Australian Prop Mag.

MTR

Hi Edinburgh

Just saw your post about Paul Flynn, have been dealing with Paul over a few years now, have both bought and sold through his group and would recommend the services they provide.

Mine were bought earlier so normal tenants in place (managed through the Paul Flynn group) and get close to 8% returns, not refugees, like MTR says am not sure how long these will be available dependant on Govt policy.

Paul has been around for over 2 decades and was introduced to me by my accountant.

Hope this helps,
Amelia

Hi All,
I am wondering if anyone has any info on Paul Flynn or his company Paul Flynn Properties. He seems to be renting funished properties to refugees via the government and selling the package. The properties our around the Logan area south of Brisbane. Has any one had any dealings with Paul or his co? Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Edinburgh

I am sure there have been positive results by some, however from my experience I will not recommend him as a BA and I would not recommend his property management services. I will not go into detail on this forum, but I would personally not use his services again.

Hi MTR

Seems unfortunate that your experience was not the best but in saying that, I think you still did very well with your purchase. I was looking at the GC only yesterday (after having read John Lindeman / Sam Saggers predict a big increase for the area) and could not find anything that was even mildly comparable to your purchase.

Edinburgh - am sure you will do your own due diligence before engaging a BA.

Hi MTR

Seems unfortunate that your experience was not the best but in saying that, I think you still did very well with your purchase. I was looking at the GC only yesterday (after having read John Lindeman / Sam Saggers predict a big increase for the area) and could not find anything that was even mildly comparable to your purchase.

Edinburgh - am sure you will do your own due diligence before engaging a BA.

Hi Cherry Pro
Thanks for the info on this. I agree the purchase was good.

However, I employed Paul as a consultant/project manager with regards to my property and he let the ball slip and left out many items therefore the budget blew out. I had the opportunity to fly over and this is one thing I regret...... lesson learnt.

Cheers MTR

I will not recommend this person and the reason I would rather not talk on a public forum.

I am also not sure if he is licensed to project managing either.

I would also add that I moved my property from this group as their property management services were woeful, no adequate property report was written up in the first instance, only photos this leaves landlords vulnerable, not something an experienced, quality property management company would do.

I would not recommend this company to anyone for any of their services.

Cheers MTR.

ok maybe someone can clarify whats going on this mob,

apparently they buy properties that are reposessed/mortgagee under option,

the spam says "market value: X, Expected price: $Y"

ive managed to find the address of it and low and behold its going to auction on 14th October via a different agency

Im ultra confused whats going on?

How can they secure it when its going for auction?

and how can they give an expected price?

Aiyaaa!

Is this the Paul Flynn Real Estate from Springwood?

I'm going to see two of his opens on Saturday..I thought they were normal listings.

Will keep my eyes and ears open, and my cheque book at home

have done a fair bit of stuff with Paul and clients

My take is..........

Looks odd from the outside, but works quite well on the inside

ta
rolf

have done a fair bit of stuff with Paul and clients

My take is..........

Looks odd from the outside, but works quite well on the inside

ta
rolf

look, he has a poor reputation on here, justified or not, im not sure,

Id just like to know what actually happens,

in this case ive got a spam from him advertising a certain property which is going to auction, so he must have got it on option, or the option has lapsed since its going to auction

look, he has a poor reputation on here, justified or not, im not sure,

Id just like to know what actually happens,

in this case ive got a spam from him advertising a certain property which is going to auction, so he must have got it on option, or the option has lapsed since its going to auction

Paul is a very approachable fellow

Rather than ask for 3rd party feedback as to how he does things, id expect hed be happy to talk with you.

What I have learnt over a few years and a few business idealogies is much stuff that is actually exceedingly simple but not obvious

ta
rolf

Paul is a very approachable fellow

Rather than ask for 3rd party feedback as to how he does things, id expect hed be happy to talk with you.

What I have learnt over a few years and a few business idealogies is much stuff that is actually exceedingly simple but not obvious

ta
rolf

id rather hear 3rd party opinions instead of asking a salesman how his business is set up

thats like asking a used car salesman why his cars are cheaper then others, or :eek: a real estate agent, which property is the best

I find 3rd party opinions on SS might be slightly biased, but quite accurate

Yes, good idea keep your cheque book at home.

I am surprised Jenman has not jumped on this guy.

I posted many negative comments on SS because I don't want anyone getting burnt, a leopard does not change its spots.

Rolf his a nice guy cos you have not purchased from him, you may change your tune if you decide to go down this road, I would not recommend it though.

MTR

Rolf his a nice guy cos you have not purchased from him, you may change your tune if you decide to go down this road, I would not recommend it though.

MTR

I just call it as I see it from clients that have bought through him in various means.

We havent had any issues that I am aware of.

ta

rolf

Rolf

OK, I get this, but in some cases the investors wont even realise they got burnt until they are ready to sell. Some will just move on and may be too embarrassed to mention a deal gone bad?? who knows

I have also had a few investors pm with regards to his service and they were all negative.

As they say.... "where there is smoke there must be fire".

MTR:)

lets just say I have spoken to him anonymously a few times, and when you ask him a few detailed questions, that he might not like, his attitude and temper really get nasty

Back