Sydney Meetup - Sat 30 Aug 2014

Booked for 8:15PM (alternative was a bit early and had to leave at a set time).

Under Somersoft. So far seems 14-16 people are coming.

I'm a maybe. Will be in Parra on Saturday but might be on my way back to Parkes by the time you sit down to eat. Then again ... will try to get there.

Wattle

Ha! I was referring to the restaurant kicking us out.

I will actually be at a poker game I completely forgot about, money to be made, bills to be paid you know.

MXia has graciously agreed to be the contact for the night for those that are running late or are lost. Contact me and I'll pass on his number if needed.

Thanks!!!

Was thinking of coming along, depending on how I'm feeling on the day. Getting close to getting my hip done & some days are better than others BUT I really don't like sitting down to eat that late. I'm showing my age here.:eek:

Is this place likely to cater to someone who may only want a snack, or just desert, do you think?

Was thinking of coming along, depending on how I'm feeling on the day. Getting close to getting my hip done & some days are better than others BUT I really don't like sitting down to eat that late. I'm showing my age here.:eek:

Is this place likely to cater to someone who may only want a snack, or just desert, do you think?

Haha! that was my first thought. I won't be eating a full meal either. I'm sure they'll have snacks and deserts. Come along for a chat. Even if you only stay for a short while.
Hope you're feeling OK.

Haha! that was my first thought. I won't be eating a full meal either. I'm sure they'll have snacks and deserts. Come along for a chat. Even if you only stay for a short while.
Hope you're feeling OK.

Haha, glad I'm not the only one. Yes, I'm good much of the time, but it gets sore, especially after a long day. Will take it one day at a time.

Is this place right in the centre of Parra or does it have its own parking? I'm not a fan of trying to find parking in the centre of town on a sat night. I'll think about going but like the others its a bit late to eat for me. I'm used to preparing dinner for preschoolers for 6pm.

Is this place right in the centre of Parra or does it have its own parking? I'm not a fan of trying to find parking in the centre of town on a sat night. I'll think about going but like the others its a bit late to eat for me. I'm used to preparing dinner for preschoolers for 6pm.

Well the alternate time was 6:30pm if that is alright with you guys, I actually thought that was too early, also you have to leave by 8:30 on the dot (let me know if that is your preferred). So for now sticking with 8:15pm.

Don't have to have main meals, but need to order SOMETHING off the menu.

Parking

No on-site parking as such, it does get busy on Saturday nights. Staff suggested:
1. Park on Phillip St if possible
2. There is parking directly behind them but fills up very quickly and is monitored by rangers
3. Park Royal hotel has parking, $12 all day if you come in BEFORE 8pm. or $5/hr after 8pm. 2 minute walk (180m).
4. Paramatta Westfield, free for 3 hours, $10 for 4 hours. 9 minute walk (650m).

Well the alternate time was 6:30pm if that is alright with you guys, I actually thought that was too early, also you have to leave by 8:30 on the dot (let me know if that is your preferred). So for now sticking with 8:15pm.

I'd prefer the 6.30 time slot, but wouldn't want to leave at 8.30.

No on-site parking as such, it does get busy on Saturday nights. Staff suggested:
1. Park on Phillip St if possible
2. There is parking directly behind them but fills up very quickly and is monitored by rangers
3. Park Royal hotel has parking, $12 all day if you come in BEFORE 8pm. or $5/hr after 8pm. 2 minute walk (180m).
4. Paramatta Westfield, free for 3 hours, $10 for 4 hours. 9 minute walk (650m).

Glad Beach Girl brought up parking. If parking is difficult, or there is a long walk, I might give it a miss, unless there's disabled parking nearby.

If I don't make it this time around, there's always next time, & hopefully by then I'll have a fully functioning hip. :)

Glad Beach Girl brought up parking. If parking is difficult, or there is a long walk, I might give it a miss, unless there's disabled parking nearby.

Hooters had its own parking :rolleyes:

Still wana have a catch up skater. Will get in contact sometime next week.

Hey nhg - is it too late to register my partner and I for the dinner this Saturday?

It would be our first SS meeting, keen to catch up with other investors :)

Hey nhg - is it too late to register my partner and I for the dinner this Saturday?

It would be our first SS meeting, keen to catch up with other investors :)

Just go along will be fine. MXia is running the show. poker night was cancelled will be on my way to Tamworth to see my new born niece.

Good reminder there's more to life than just planning for the future.

Last edited:
Back