Simple, Healthy and Delicious

I am always looking at the cheats way, cooking great meals that are healthy and delicious and not too much effort....

I got it tonight and want to share and please share your favourites with me as I am unfortunately the Chief Cook in the family.

http://www.food.com/recipe/restaurant-teriyaki-sauce-133751

I marinated chicken in this sauce for 30 minutes then fried chicken in olive oil spray and poured the sauce over this. Serve with fluffy rice and Asian greens, delic and easy.

I am always looking at the cheats way, cooking great meals that are healthy and delicious and not too much effort....

I got it tonight and want to share and please share your favourites with me as I am unfortunately the Chief Cook in the family.

http://www.food.com/recipe/restaurant-teriyaki-sauce-133751

I marinated chicken in this sauce for 30 minutes then fried chicken in olive oil spray and poured the sauce over this. Serve with fluffy rice and Asian greens, delic and easy.

Certainly simple, possibly nice tasting, but healthy ...NO. Way too high in carbs ( from sugars) and also high in Sodium. White rice is not a goodie either.

Half a cup of rice will be fine, or brown rice, just balance it out.

I only went 2 tablespoons of brown sugar, always looking at ways of cutting back in this area, as long as I don't kill the flavour. But also remember this is not for one person it will be shared between 4, big difference.

Serving size/calories, for me I would be looking at around 300 calories.

healthy ...NO. Way too high in carbs ( from sugars) and also high in Sodium. White rice is not a goodie either.

Meh. People get too hung up on this stuff - it's cooked from scratch and not processed food. That goes a long way towards being "healthy" than worrying about carbs and sodium and such. The amount of salt in processed food is so high that the amounts used in cooking your own pale into insignificance.

Variety in your food is what's more important to your overall health.

Meh. People get too hung up on this stuff - it's cooked from scratch and not processed food. That goes a long way towards being "healthy" than worrying about carbs and sodium and such. The amount of salt in processed food is so high that the amounts used in cooking your own pale into insignificance.

Variety in your food is what's more important to your overall health.

You can have variety without loading up on sugar.

Here's one recipe for you MTR,you want anymore,PM with CC details or preferably western union.

Chicken Casserole: Dinner for 2 or double the ingredients for 4.

2 Tablespoons of olive oil in the pot.

Slice 1-2 potatoes.

Dice up an onion or you can use a leek.

2 Garlic Cloves.

Dice up a Tomato.

Dice up 1-2 carrots.

Dice 1-2 sticks of celery.

2 chicken breasts wrapped with bacon on top.Soft veg on top of chicken.

Note:i alternate on the veg after chicken breast wrapped in bacon.

Top with Pumpkin,broc,beans,peas,zuchini,cauli,brussells etc.

I usually top with as much veg on hand and mish mash.

I also throw in what people call weeds,let's call it FREE range ha IE:prickly lettuce,dandelion etc.

Throw in 2 bay leaves,a spoonful of mixed herbs and a tea spoon of vegeta stock.

Lastly i throw in 250ml's of white wine and 250ml's of water.

180 for 2hrs.

Delish.

Ps.You can also add mushrooms,bean shoots,kidney beans etc.

Pss.Stir ingredients every 30mins-45mins.

Psss.I scored 6 chicken southern coated legs for 2.99$ and done these yesterday without the breast...No difference in tastiness!

I also throw in what people call weeds,let's call it FREE range ha IE:prickly lettuce,dandelion etc.

When you mentioned prickly lettuce and dandelion in the "Frugal" thread, I was wondering whether you were making fun. :eek: So they can be eaten, wow!

I was serious Singo and a g.o0gle search will prove this.And there's another(forgot the name atm)but you can also use the sap on warts,i eat this too.

Ps.I'll add,Prickly lettuce was used as a pain reliever and dandelion is good for the liver.

I was serious Singo and a google search will prove this. And there's another (forgot the name atm) but you can also use the sap on warts,i eat this too.

Ps.I'll add,Prickly lettuce was used as a pain reliever.

Thanks for the info Spades. Got heaps in our garden. :p

Here's another recipe i use,even quicker:

Bought a steamer off ebad for 25$,Tefal steam cuisine.

Throw in a potato for 1 person or add for more people.

Steam for 15mins but in the mean time chop up veg.

Nice piece of fish lightly coated a coating mix or make your own.

After potatos are done,throw in the veg and slightly season with vegeta,pepper and herbs.Steam further for 15mins.

Cook your fish in olive oil and your good to go in 30mins.

Soak your dish with lemon....Zasty!

Unprocessed does not necessary mean healthy

If I laden it with natural sugar, carbohydrates, honey I am going have a heart attack

Tell me TMNT when was the last time you were sick?

Sugar i substitute with honey,carbs i'm not into as much....Good luck with your diet.

Ps.WTF,you telling me processed junk is good?LOL

Tell me TMNT when was the last time you were sick?

Sugar i substitute with honey,carbs i'm not into as much....Good luck with your diet.

Ps.WTF,you telling me processed junk is good?LOL

If you read my post properly , I never said processed was healthy

I'm referring to the people who said that anything unprocessed is healthy.

Oh and the last time I was sick was 2002

I eat quite healthy and have processed foods every fortnight or so,

Why?

Back