CGT Main Residence Exemption (6 years)

:)
Doesn' t the CGT exemption make it pretty attractive to own a PPOR that is going to appreciate nicely; keep it a few years and then go again??

I don't mean that we should not have IPs as well; but I am asking whether people think a decent sort of PPOR, bought well, is a good idea, as long as you are prepared to swapp PPORs every 5 years or so??

Can someone knowledgable confirm this please?:)

Kind regards and happy new year to all from GIDDO:)

This is what my Mum has done very successfully, but not for that length of time. That is what is making it very difficult to get her to contemplate buying and holding.

My Dad was a builder when i was young, dad used to build the house, we used to live in it for a year and then sell, once my parents divorced my mum has continued doing this, building and selling , along with buying and selling some really nice mortgagee properties and living in them for a year and selling.

Which is great because now she has a spectacular amount of equity, which can be used for more projects. The only problem I'm finding at the moment is finding land, I'm in Brisbane and the land is just so expensive added the increased building costs that are still around as a result of a shortage of tradesmen. We are still hoping to make a gross tax- free profit of $100k after selling it 18 months after purchasing ( 6 months for construction- need to keep it for stamp duty concessions etc) so thats not too bad.

My plan is too continue doing these projects with my Mum while doings some buy and hold on my own.

Kylie

Back