User Name Meanings

Name from my childhood, don't know what it means but I never forgot it and use it for lots of other user names etc, it's never taken and I always remember it!
I actually tried to change it before I started posting (never intended to post at first) because I was a little embraced at how childish it sounds, couldn't work how so ran with it.

Ajax: name of mountain in Aspen ski resort in Colorado and original reason for the name
Name of a Greek hero of the Trojan war, son of Telamon, king of Salamis. He was proverbial for his size and strength.
Popular Greek name for a son
Name of a football team
A powerful bathroom cleaner

Totally throws people who know my real name when internet acquaintances start calling me Ajax in a social situation. Seems that anyone with Greek parents prefers to call me Ajax in real life. I like the name.

A much loved (now deceased) dog.

Sad to say, he had more character traits that I admired than many people!

I had a dog called Murphy too! And am about the same age as you. He was a beautiful golden labrador. :)
That's why I was looking at your name - and all the kudos you've received. ;)

This is a good thread so will add my own name.

Wattle Drive is where my Frankston property is. Soon after I bought it, CG went up and then dropped by about 6% over a few years.

I say Wattle I do like the song, " What'll I do, when you are far away ..."
and because I'm committed to keeping Wattle Drive
And because it's like a question: What would you do?

A combination of some letters from my wife's name and some from mine. I am into property investing to give her a comfortable future. So this name! I wouldn't go through all the trouble of property investing if I am single!

Mine comes from the name of my business and CQ because I service Central Queensland.

Nothing nearly as entertaining as some others :)

My stands for Return on Equity, one of the key metric that always underpin my investment in the business, I want it to remind myself when the market start to get irrational exuberance I still stick to key figure to determine value and start cashing out when valuation doesnt make sense

Sea Change was taken , but now it's come to mean more by being see change , cause that's what I want to see and what I have seen since being on the forum ....

Cliff

datto111.JPG

Enough said!

Last edited:
Old thread but I'll add my bit.

Mine is an English translation of a friend's surname. I just happened to have found out what it was at the time of signing up and it was the first thing that popped into my head.

Some people have mis-interpreted it to mean that as an investor I'm an aggressive scavenger with little regard for others :eek:

Although I do have a quite an interest in deceased estates... :p

Back