Have you paid for a Course or Mentor that you thought was worth every cent?

There are so many Workshops, Courses, Mentors (although harder to find) available, all at a cost. While I know there is plenty of free information available, for which we are all grateful, I have been more than willing to pay for somebody to compile it together and coach me through learning what I need to know. I would be interested to hear about other's paid learning experiences.

I would love to hear of any information sourcing such as these courses/workshops/mentors that you have paid for that you thought was worth every cent you paid for it, and why.

I guess it is ok to hear of any that you weren't happy that you paid for, but hoping that this doesn't get into a slandering thread. If you do have one that you don't think was worth it, please back it up with the actual reasons why, as it is very easy to criticise a course if you don't actually follow up with their instructions.

Here's to happy learning :)

90% of these are scams.

There's probably some legitimate and very good ones out there and unfortunately they get brought down by all the dodgy ones in the industry.

Best bet is to just become friends with others who are walking the walk and discuss stuff when appropriate.

Failing that, offer to pay for an hour of someone's time if they've demonstrated they know what they're talking about.

Can you please clarify.... scams in what manner? Are they giving false information to make people do the wrong things and lose their money?

Yes, Somersoft.

Cost me nothing except some internet time.

Learnt more on this forum than any seminars attended.

Also look back in time 10 or 15 years to previous booms, are those "mentors" still around?

What happened to Henry Kaye?

Can you please clarify.... scams in what manner? Are they giving false information to make people do the wrong things and lose their money?

Each seminar starts with a free or cheap $100.

Every time there is something they haven't told you all, and they have a higher package to sell you.

It keeps getting more expensive each time, some packages are enough for a deposit on a small investment property ie you could buy a 200k townhouse and get started rather than giving it to gurus.

having completed and hugely benefitted from Robbins Mastery University a long time ago, I can say that was a worthwhile investment in time and money - for me.

Since then I have continued to spend much time and sometimes a little money on many many seminars, courses, workshops across a wide stream of stuff.

Mostly, what I have learnt has become of great use when I least expected it, I didnt even know I had learnt that skill, practice, rule or emotion.

Many peops are concerned about the "price", and yes I would not suggest someone spend 5 k on a weekend seminar if they cant afford it. Many of these things come with some form of money back guarantee.......but as always caveat emptor !

The price of getting onto a course or seminar that may be of great use to you is usually known from the outset........... the price ( financial and otherwise) of not getting that information............... well i guess its infinite and undefined

While its cliched, if you think the price of education is expensive, try ignorance..........is a good one.

I know what I know.... and thats probably < 1 % of what there is to know.

There is 9 % of stuff that I know I dont know

Then there is what I dont know that I dont know......

While I guess the OPs question relates more specifically to property, it is the stuff outside of that where the real wealth lies.

ta
rolf

I've yet to invest in a course, seminar or book that I didn't benefit from in multiples of the time and money I put in. Remember, think "value" not "cost" (in all areas of life).

Rolf makes great points.

Two recent ones each cost over $2,000 and were well worth it:

• Experts Academy
  • Ultimate Guide To Renovation (still underway, **** it's good!)

My rule of thumb is to invest 3-5% of my income, annually, in self education and personal development. So far, the returns are massive.

There is good education and there is bad education.

The good ones take us far and fast, with least resistance.

The bad ones take us around in circles, sometimes ways backward with no escape mechanism.

How do I know? Because I have had my fair share of both.

Best is to look out for mentors. Being humans, they have had a fair share of successes and failures, and manage to learn how to move forward in a surer way.

A good mentor can take you forward fast. A great mentor can propel you through sound barriers in a blink of an eye.

A good thing is, many of them are around. Look and you may find, when the student is ready.

I don't know that you can really put a price on good education. Most of the courses and mentoring programs out there have significant value, if you make proper use of them. I've seen plenty of people pay thousands for a course and leverage the information and assistance to do massive things. The other 95% of attendees will do nothing with it.

One on one constant mentoring seems to get the best results, but it also costs the most. There's also a significant risk that you won't find the right mentor, which can often be as simple as finding the right experience in someone who's properly compatible with you.

I don't think they are scams. But you need to do your research to ensure you are getting what you think you've paid for.
Some people sign up for a course thinking the mentors will do everything for you. This is not the case.
You need to decide what you want from a course and try to source one that suits your needs.
In 2008 I was desperate to get started. I had money to burn and went to a seminar. But they were too stupid to give me the time of day. They kept ringing my husband even though he kept telling them to ring me. Lucky for me, saved $10,000 :D.

I've not paid for a course although I did think seriously about Cherie Barber's course (I love reno's). I did pay a couple of BA fees though which was great. Gave me the confidence to buy on my own.

You can gain a lot from the internet but I think networking is the key, be it via a course or elsewhere.

I signed up to a lifetime mentor program.
Price of 10K. Joined 3 years ago with the Melbourne branch.
Helped take us from 4 properties to 10 in 3 years.
Meet some great like minded investors which I will in future JV with, priceless.
Through other members got put onto a mortgage broker who is a gun, priceless.
Was able to meet other couples looking to invest in same area, so able to make offers on several units in the same block, pulling a nice little discount in rising market, able to gift the other unit deal to other members, priceless.
3 years ago mentor was pushing western Sydney, went up had a look, let my prejudices get in the way, didn't buy, learnt a great lesson!
Kept motivation at a all time high.
My mentor suggested we go see Scotty Harris another mentor to work on our own mindset which we did. Helped me greatly. Almost instantly nabbed a nice little deal which made me some quick $ I wouldnt have, had I not been.

I'm sure myself and Andrea were ready for such a program so it probably benefit us more than most.

My theory is the more money I make out of this stuff the more I can afford to educate myself. Simples

Last edited:
My first mentor at 17 (still is my mentor today) is a very successful businessman, a family friend. He used to do business with my uncle and just took a liking to me..anyway he taught me sooo much, almost everything I know. I'll never forget.. as corny as it sounds..at 17 I asked him how come he was so successful, (basically I was asking him the 'secret' to success without knowing it at the time) and he told me " if your willing to pay the price no matter what, then your already successful - just takes a little time to claim it". Wasn't in those EXACT words but almost the same. Needless to say he enlightened me to the price I needed to pay and I pay it gratefully. Old school stuff. Started from the foundation upwards.

Also through the years I have done some specific courses to get some knowledge in specific areas and I felt it was more than worth it. Not all courses are a waste of time.

leo

My mentor suggested we go see Scotty Harris another mentor to work on our own mindset which we did. Helped me greatly.

I have said it many times and ill say it again; Anyone wanting to achieve financial freedom of thousands of dollars per week net, its going to take a very unique mindset. there is no getting around this. If your goals are a lot more modest like say 1m net worth in 40 years, then mindset is not vital really.

Want to achieve greeeeat wealth and not developing your mindset? good luck.

Mick and Andrea well done to you guys!!
Leo

While its cliched, if you think the price of education is expensive, try ignorance..........is a good one.

ta
rolf

Rolf how did I miss this! You are absolutely right. Its scary how right you are.

The cost is really terrible...so terrible that our brains fool us into thinking everything is "OK" just so we can function everyday, left foot, right foot, left foot, right foot...

cheers

Leo

Back