Taking the leap from highly remunerated role to start up business

I strongly agree with the posts that advise to keep your job and do the business on the side (part time) until its built and your steady on your feet. That's what I did when starting my company and at the very least it greatly reduces pressure, which is a big positive for decisions you will make on your business (as ace in hole said) especially if you have a family.

Good luck and wish you the best!

From experience, the recommendations to ease yourself into being a business operator are wise.

What kinda business are we talking here? Tech businesses in particular can be quickly and cheaply launched to see if they get any traction. I'm a big proponent of lean startup which is all about figuring out if a market exists for your product/service BEFORE committing sizeable funds to building it.

I'm testing stuff all the time. Doesn't take you long once you have a system in place.

Thank you very much

Will look now - principles are always useful. I am also experiencing the need to stay focused and to sustain a solutions focused and success mindset - can't really discuss this outside forums support such as this as I find that may people highlight all the things that can go wrong, risks etc - I am not putting my head in the sand in relation to identifying and mitigating risk however, starting to feel the tedium of some people's deficit mindsets

Same experience I had when starting to invest in IPs really

While not 100% relevant, have a look at this while it's still free (I hope you see it in time): http://www.amazon.com/Day-Startup-Learn-Until-Launch-ebook/dp/B00NZFKB8S - it is specifically about launching a software startup but a lot of the priciples apply to any startup.

Back