Strong Growth in Brisbane

Hi Jenko, if your not buying ATM could you PM or post a few links of examples up that way you see as good value .
Sorry, I would love to help but I'm time poor ATM.
If you contact a few real estate agents in the area I'm sure they will put you on the right track.. Mailing list are okay, if they become a pain you can always unsubscribe. Good luck!!

PS if you can find a good real estate agent on the right wave length you can tell them exactly what your chasing and they can find it for you. Let them know you do not want to be contacted with anything less or you'll move on.

Hi All,

What is everyones view of the suburb Herston?

Thanks
I've noticed there have been some very cheap buys in Herston considering its a stones throw to the cbd.. but cheap because they were in the Enoggera creek floodplain or on a busy road. I've been told there are some shady characters around and it's not the safest place to walk late at night.
I'm sure there are some great streets.. which would be reflected in the price. There would also be a very high demand for renters working in the RBWH and cbd.

I think i would look a little harder. I bought a 3x1x1 house at Scarborough potential water views for $320k (returns $350pw). Good luck buying in Mt Gravatt & Chemside for $320k.

I'm on the mailing list of a few local real estate agents and I'm still seeing what I think would be good buys here and there.

I agree it may be difficult around 320k but my max budget is 500k. If I can get more CG or balanced CG with yield(quicker) in suburbs closer to city it is an option as well and this comparison confuses me.

I agree it may be difficult around 320k but my max budget is 500k. If I can get more CG or balanced CG with yield(quicker) in suburbs closer to city it is an option as well and this comparison confuses me.
Yes it all depends how much you can afford to invest.

Any thoughts on Fitzgibbon, QLD?? It seems the suburb is on fire ATM. Properties are getting under contract within a week of listing and prices are high too...

I think he means the number of "fares" customers is down.
I reckon you're right :). Although by official BNE airport statistics the number of passengers (both international and domestic) is highest on record, with around 2% annual increase. But there is decrease in number of fares for FIFO workers (so cab driver would see that by number of people wearing hi-vis), e.g. passenger numbers on TSV airport are down by ~5%.

Quick change of topic. Has anyone purchased OTP unit around West End or New Farm and experienced difficulty in leasing it out recently or in the future?

Cheers,

Bowen Hills and Hamilton have had some softer rental prices due to high supply. Have not heard of any issues in your 2 areas though.

Quick change of topic. Has anyone purchased OTP unit around West End or New Farm and experienced difficulty in leasing it out recently or in the future?

Cheers,

I don't see why West End would be a problem. Best to time it with BSHS enrolments later on this year. I like to buy in areas with great schools and proximity to the CBD.

I have looked on SQM research for vacancy rates in both West End and New Farm. They are 4.1% and 4.7% respectively. More than double that of a inner west suburb of Sydney. It's a bit off putting.

I have looked on SQM research for vacancy rates in both West End and New Farm. They are 4.1% and 4.7% respectively. More than double that of a inner west suburb of Sydney. It's a bit off putting.

I would be looking at stock on market on rea.com and see how long it is sitting there for, include a few calls to some local rea agents and a snap shot of stock being built yet to be released- rather than stats- which on the most regular occasion are completely screwed

I've bought 3 IP's in the last 3 years, all had 15%+ growth , so sitting on some nice equity :) I've always bought inner South areas , having said that I do think that South Brisbane is becoming a little overheated. so I'm looking on the North Side now.

Cheers,
Depending on where you are in Brisbane there can be issues with supply, also recently the rental market has been softer, nothing alarming but just a case of so many people buying and plenty of units being built as well.

Not a bad idea to try different strategies if you have a vacancy, try a weeks free rent, lowering the price to just below a $50 level (people search by brackets 450-500 etc) etc.

Any thoughts on buying an investment property on Nursery road in Holland Park Brisbane? Some people say the crematorium on the same street is a down side? Do things like this really make a difference to house/land values and rental prices?
Thanks

Any thoughts on buying an investment property on Nursery road in Holland Park Brisbane? Some people say the crematorium on the same street is a down side? Do things like this really make a difference to house/land values and rental prices?
Thanks

I'd be more worried by the fact that its a main road, and thus busy. That, and next to the Memorial Gardens is a big mosque.

For me, pass.

Thanks

It's busy with taxis/random vehicles all through the street because of the mosque. Police go past at day and
Night (police station close ) . But vacancy rates are low , yields are
Reasonable and it's actually not a bad around there with terrific
Access all ways to city , carrindale and garden city shops , a nice
Park and local shops too .
Perception is different to reality for investment property there

I would avoid Nursary Road. It carries a fair amount of through traffic and is hilly. I would not buy an IP there (and that isn't even mentioning the other downsides already mentioned).

Just pulling out onto the road each morning would be a pain in the ..

Unless it was very cheap, I think the premium of a couple of streets either side would be worth it.

Back