Plaster over these vents okay 70's unit?

Hi guys, is it okay to plaster over these old vents I have in my place? 70's unit. Getting plastering and painting done and was going to plaster over them but dont know if any problems in doing so?
Wife watching the block tonight and apparently they had similar vents and said not to but gave no reason. Cheers.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    344.2 KB · Views: 115
The vents are for ventilation ,it takes the air from inside out and the outside exchange back inside ,imho not something you would want to plaster over,

If you don't have an old style heater in that room I couldn't see a problem. They are usually to stop moisture in the walls and ceilings and also if you have an old style heater it helps with the flow of carbon monoxide from the heater so I have been told.

Have a look at the Bunnings range of vents and see if you can find a modern
looking one to cover the old ones.

Im all for leaving as many vents as you can , Tenants don't like to open or leave windows open so mould can grow quickly.

I have replaced the ones in my place with some from bunnings, you can get white plastic ones that snap into place for about $7 a pop from memory.

I opted for the slightly more expensive cedar louvered type that bunnings also stock and painted them in the same colour as my skirting and architraves etc :D.

Back