Shark Tank

Really enjoy Dragons Den. Never follow what time it's on but get excited when I'm flicking through and find it's on.

Interested to see Shark Tank

Thanks, I enjoy Dragons Den too.

I recall someone coming on the show with the idea of cardboard coffins, I think yellow daisies was the theme on one coffin, seems like it has taken off, brilliant idea.

MTR:)

I recall someone coming on the show with the idea of cardboard coffins, I think yellow daisies was the theme on one coffin, seems like it has taken off, brilliant idea.

I like the one where people can write on it ... and seems to be very popular.

Whatever happened to tent guy? I felt sorry for the guy that the Dragon's ripped him off but he was pretty happy with the deal. From memory, he sold 80% of his company for $75k?

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2004/02/06/1075854060963.html

His strategy was that he had 5 or 6 ideas in the pipeline and he was essentially buying business expertise to allow him to develop his other ideas.

I don't know if this went anywhere. The website www.uniquecreations.com.au is gone and it appears that the trade mark application lapsed in 2007. http://www.trademarkify.com.au/trademark/1089992?i=THE_ANYWHERE_TENT-Gary_Lewtschenko

The ABN for unique creations is still active but with a new business name of "Box Ads". Sounds intriguing.

Ive never seen it or the other shows referenced.

Are the show 'hosts' Private Equity Firms who inject cash into the business idea to get them off the ground then reap the lion share of the profits later down the track?

pinkboy

Are the show 'hosts' Private Equity Firms who inject cash into the business idea to get them off the ground then reap the lion share of the profits later down the track?

A panel of self made, successful business people - and entrepreneurs presenting to them with partially developed business ideas but need a cash injection.

If the panel members like the idea then they will offer money in exchange for a portion of the company and/or control ... sometimes they also offer full access to their personal teams of marketing/management etc

If they don't like the idea then usually they give good reasons as to "why" and advice for the presenter to think over.

I like the ideas and feedback. Watch a show online.

Back