Ripe House

Zimby,

Site has 2 different membership rates-Investor $68 and Home Owner $43 per month.

http://www.ripehouse.com.au/subscription

I have used site and its useability has improved since the software has been upgraded to V3 recently.

Only issue I have is with the quantity and quality of the actual property listing as some are old listings and some suburbs have limited listings compared to Domain and Real Estate etc.

Have you signed up for one of the webinar's Zimby to get a guide of the sites functionality etc?

Coota

Jacob the designer is a nice guy so if you have any questions i am sure he will happily answer them for you.

Cheers

Hi Zimby/Coota etc

We have recently made a fix that removed a large majority of the "Sold" listings where the agent would leave the sold property as a for sale listing for advertising. We also made it far more clear when a property is still technically on market, but is under contract. These fixes went in mid December.

Furthermore our system has problems picking up and processing some properties, where the agent is ambiguous with the address. This usually relates to less than 5% of properties. This generally relates to situations where agents just have the development name, or the lot information or just the suburb name in the title of the property.

You are able to jump in regardless and check out the current on market properties that we have in our engine without a subscription via this page http://www.ripehouse.com.au/invest

I'm interested to know how ripehouse compares to Investar. I recently watched a 40min webinar on ripehouse but haven't seen Investar in use.

:) this is my first post to the Somersoft forum.

The new updates for Ripehouse that allow you to customise your initial Suburb/Town Selection searches with the top Property Investing Strategies (including Flipping) I think is a real game changer. For those who have used it in the past the new functionality for the actual suburb analysis, ie sale price by bedroom, areas that are considered gentrified and hence more in demand are features that are great.

I think the product is easy to use and if you are looking for something that is not overwhelming for your parents then it is intuitive. Having said that sometimes when I am searching for a property or I am after some information and something goes wrong or I can't find it, I jump on the chat area - and someone is there and answers my questions quickly. In fact I think it is Jacob most of the time or one of his local based team members who knows the system, so the support is also awesome and not some OS scripted reply.

However you may think I am unbiased. I am, because I really like the tool.

I recommend Ripehouse to my students and I have gotten to know Jacob after I found this tool a few years ago and started trialling it. In fact I am so impressed with the Dec 2014 updates I am currently shooting some tutorials for my Ultimate Guide to Renovation Students and organising a customised bonus membership for them as well. When I find something that works I tell everyone about it. Jacob developed the system he wanted for his own research based on his frustration when trying to finding his own investments, so you can bet that a tool developed by an investor for themselves is something worth considering.

I hope you find this of value. Here is to Your Property Success!
Jane Slack-Smith

Last edited:
Back