How to polish floorboards?

Hi All,

My modem died, this is the first time I've been on since starting thread. I forgot to mention that whilst the lounge/dining floorboards are brand new, I'll also be polishing the original (1891?) boards in the two bedrooms and the front hall, so it's all relevant. Thanks guys :)

Hobnail

Originally posted by geoffw
Bill,

But I'd be interested to know about how you did right up to the edge.

Hi guys,

Use a scraper for the corners, it's hard work though. The sander is never gonna get right up to the corners. We use a grinder for around the toilets and really small places, or take the toilet out.

Cheers QB

Hi All,

My modem died, this is the first time I've been on since starting thread. I forgot to mention that whilst the lounge/dining floorboards are brand new, I'll also be polishing the original (1891?) boards in the two bedrooms and the front hall, so it's all relevant. Thanks guys :)

Hobnail

Best way to polish older floorboards, get someone else who is a professional to do it. An absolute disaster for us, many of the hire machines are old and useless. Never again.

Best way to polish older floorboards, get someone else who is a professional to do it. An absolute disaster for us, many of the hire machines are old and useless. Never again.

Im pretty sure Hobgoblin's floors are polished by now... it has been over 10 years :)

It's a ten year old thread. We're not in the habit of removing old threads.

But it's worth the warning in case somebody else comes across it.

I offered something just based on my experience ten years ago. It may well have been bad advice even then. Many things may have changed. Caveat emptor.

Back