Somersoft Spreadsheet Collection

Hiya,

I've spent a fair bit of time this morning searching for an old spreadsheet that Pitt St posted a while back. (Found it, eventually.)

While doing this, I was thinking it might be a good idea to have a 'sticky' thread with all of the spreadsheets that people have contributed to the forum. I know Pitt St, Michael Whyte, TheFirstBruce and others have created some very valuable spreadsheets, and this thread could be a good place to hold them for easy reference?

To kick it off, I've attached my original living on equity spreadsheets, and the cashflow projection (it's zipped only as it's too big on its own).

So, does anyone want to add to this?

James.

Attachments

• Living On Equity v2.xls
    42 KB · Views: 6,808
  • Living On Equity.xls
    41.5 KB · Views: 3,997
  • cashflowproject.zip
    63.7 KB · Views: 6,119
Last edited by a moderator:
James,

OK, I'll throw a few up here that might be of use to members. The LOE one is just a really simple illustration of how LOE can work. The second one is my IP costing bible. I can't lay claim to the original spreadsheet but I added a few little bits like the rental reality check for those Navra-ites amongst us. Whether you adhere to rental reality or not, it is still a powerful IP modelling spreadsheet.

I've posted other spreadsheets to the forum over the years, but most were targetted to specific questions posed. If I find anything else useful then I'll post it up as well.

Cheers,
Michael.

Attachments

• Living on Equity v3.4.xls
    24.5 KB · Views: 7,734
  • IPCalculator (MUH).zip
    42.1 KB · Views: 10,816
Here's a few others to add to the "list". Prob is I can't remember who posted them.....the forgotten hero's....

R:)

Attachments

• portfolio forecast 5 years.xls
    75.5 KB · Views: 4,766
  • equity retriever.xls
    15.5 KB · Views: 3,373
  • Property Review template.xls
    57.5 KB · Views: 6,058
Bump!!!!

Hi all, this is my first post as a member and i must say i am so excited to be mingling with all of you guys. I have to join yadreamin and bump this thread as it is an awesome idea. I am someone who is not particularly gifted with Microsoft Excel, personally my strengths are dealing with people!! So i think its fantastic if those who have the gift of excel and database creation share their gifts with everyone! :)

found this one by Steve NAVRA on the forum

Find the thread HERE

There must be more documents out there containing a wealth of interesting information?

Redwing

Attachments

• lazydollars.zip
    51.8 KB · Views: 3,319
  • USE OF LAZY.doc
    28 KB · Views: 3,324
Hi,

This is a great thread! I dream of a super model that would:

1) predict how a portfolio of multiple properties will grow in value
2) examines my serviceability and predicts when I can afford the next property
3) works out my expected income tax liability from year to year

This super model would cater for such variables as:

1) properties bought in different years (in the past and expected in the future) bought on specific dates
2) variations in income tax scales from year to year
3) P&I loans and I/O loans and switching between them, fixed interest loans, variable interest loans
4) adjusting loan interest rates from year to year
5) multiple loans for each property
6) adjusting salary percentage increases from year to year
7) adjusting rent percentage increases from year to year
8) adjusting superannuation contribution rates from year to year
9) adjusting cost increases from year to year
10) works out purchase costs (both property and loan depending on the state)
11) allows for initial cash deposits on propertiews
12) allows for entry of real information (eg from depreciation schedules, tax returns etc which overrides derived or predicted data
13) income from different sources (wages, rents, shares etc)
14) variable capital growth rates for different properties and the ability to vary the capital growth rate from year to year to allow for cycles

Now that's a challenge

Ciao
Kitdoctor

awesome

ArJay said:
Here's a few others to add to the "list". Prob is I can't remember who posted them.....the forgotten hero's....

R:)

hi there, im new to real estate investment and just want to thank you guys and gals for these great spreedsheets!
i really like the 'property review' template that is awesome and saves me alot of time, do you have other spreedsheets like this 1??
I am inherting a couple of hundred grand soon and serious about buying cheap, renovating then selling for a profit and try to make a good living from it! i will be quitting my job as an mech engineer and diving head first into property development, i am 28 years old with big dreams, can any1 offer me some good advice and help me out with more spreedsheets to get started?
Thanks and keep up the good work :)

champions

thanks guys this forum is great!! there are 5 templates i am desperatly trying to get, they are the 'buyer beware templates' does any1 have these and can i pleaseeeeeee have a copy?? pretty please.......with sugar on top:D

I cant remember where this spreadsheet came from, but ive been using for the past year and think its fantastic.

A great way to track income and expenses

My thanks to whomever created it :D

Attachments

• New IP Spreadsheet template.xls
    78 KB · Views: 7,994
found this tax calculator. nice and simple.
Sorry l cannot remember the creators name.:eek:

Attachments

• tax calculator.xls
    21.5 KB · Views: 4,858
Tax on Excel Spreadsheets

Hi and thanks for the spreadsheets. I have been using the IP one that I found on this forum ages ago. But can someone please make an update on it with the correct tax scales. To compensate for this I have been making my salary less to fit in with the correct tax scale of 30%, but this is still not accurate enough. Please help if you can.

cgw

I used to use a "home made" excel tax calculator similar to the one provided by yadreamin in post 16. This year I wanted to simplify it and get rid of the look up tables so I looked in "help" and worked out a formula:eek: . I've plugged in a few test numbers and it seems to work ok. You might want to verify it more thoroughly but see what you think. Just make sure you modify the formula so it uses the cell where your taxable income is entered.

Cheers

Tattler

Attachments

• 2006 tax calculator.xls
    14 KB · Views: 1,801
Thanks for sharing guys, much appreciated!

I've been working on a few of my own but these are far more polished, could've saved time if I had found them in the first place :)

Back