Massland seminar - Mark Rolton

Its called 'selling from the platform' and its very, very lucrative. I have sold (and sell) information products and the margins are out of this world.

One of mine costs me $60 to publish and i sell it for $600. I don't do seminars tho.

Colleagues i know have info products that sell for a few thousand cost around $200 to produce.

As for options, i always have the thought that these products/seminars are marketed to property investing newbies (i suppose what isnt in this industry) and i'm always left wondering "why would newbies want to make money doing property options?"

Wouldn't they considered a pretty advanced strategy? A lot of people lately cant make money with buy and hold, why on earth would they be taking on options?

I've said it a hundred times on this forum. Its all marketing, nothing more.

I think it worked out that the number of people who signed up for the dvd course that evening would have netted Carly $80k-$100k+ for an hours talk. The course would have cost next to nothing to produce and the info and tools were very basic. That's where the money is, ... running the seminars.

you're looking for as long term investment strategy.

you buy shares, make some money in holding them and reaping dividends, sell for profit.

if they tank, you buy more - to dollar cost average down - and continue to hold as the dividends start to now work to pay off the loss of capital.

someone tells you about options. you start writing calls against your stock a decent way OTM to pull in some extra money without risking being exercised.

after a few years, you realise you don't have to buy stock, but buy and sel the options instead and reap even greater returns because you understand the system.

----------

now replace the words "stock" with "house" and "dividend" with "yield".

this is how one should approach property options. start at the bottom. understand property markets. understand what affects a property area and price. then move to the next stage.

it's like trying to run before you can crawl - you'll fall flat on your face.

my point exactly

this is how one should approach property options. start at the bottom. understand property markets. understand what affects a property area and price. then move to the next stage.

it's like trying to run before you can crawl - you'll fall flat on your face.

LMAO....LOL....HA...He...He....I agree Peter...!:D

I can trump you on the cost of your knowledge...I will do it for a coffee or a simple meal!!.....Bahhaaaa......LOL...:p

Seriously...why would anyone want to work that hard with property options. You could easily do this with a by buying well and doing a simple reno...even in this market there are opportunities like that!

With 5K and you can make $500-1000 per month on covered calls in this market! All this can be done for less than 20 minutes every month!

DISCLAIMER: I am not offering any advice as I do not know your personal situation, I can however tell you about my personal situation.;)

Cheers
Sash

If you had a sure fire way to make $$$$$$ why, on gods earth, would I sell my knowledge for $4k!!!!!!!!

Peter

yes. share options. i think there is 3 people/company mentioned on those seminar. and along with commodity trading.

any feedback here?

i've done platinum pursuits and optionetics - both good quality but PP has more bling.

if you want to learn about options from scratch i can think of worse ways to do it - knowledge costs money.

i've done platinum pursuits and optionetics - both good quality but PP has more bling.

if you want to learn about options from scratch i can think of worse ways to do it - knowledge costs money.

it looks like i am in the right path.

i also found out that optionxpress website contains a lot of knowledge as well. the problem is now grasping all of it. too hard for beginner.

cheers

PP: more bling ? like what ? care to share with me ? maybe PM me if you care.

thx

jreviewall

I attended a seminar on the weekend where Mark Rolton from MassLand spoke about his property options. In that seminar, on stage, he made fun of me in front of 350 or so people attending, just for taking some initiative – something he lauds, but yet made fun of me for doing so. It was hurtful. This act showed his "Colours". When Mark was questioned on stage whether he contributes to deals by his students, he responded in the affirmative, yet he did not disclose in his answer that he takes 80% of the profit – something important for students to know. I could have easily called out that he takes 80% of the profit just to ridicule him in a way he did me, but chose to be respectful. So I put out this warning to those that may go to a seminar by Mark Rolton. Beware what you do, as he may just embarrass you unnecessarily. He is not the type of person I want to deal with.

Good on you for sharing.

What other people think about you is none of your business, it's their's. Most other people don't think anyway. ;).....therefore enough said about the originator of the ridicule.

Pretty low to have to feed one's ego in front of 350 others, however as you've highlighted actions speak volumes about their origin.

Keep havin' a go

Welcome to the forum. :)

I attended a seminar on the weekend where Mark Rolton from MassLand spoke about his property options. In that seminar, on stage, he made fun of me in front of 350 or so people attending, just for taking some initiative – something he lauds, but yet made fun of me for doing so. It was hurtful.
Nothing to worry about,just means you were the only person out of the 350 hopefulls with stars and dollars in their eyes that saw through the uncertainty outside the plan itself,just because the "Soap-Box-Speaker
has the appearance of having a "Vision" and for 5 k you too can live the dream.BTW,the same has happened to me several times you ask a simple qestion like how much did you earn from property,or does your main income come from standing on the soap box working the numbers game backwards,most times they throw me out,before the free food-beer hard sell comes into play,welcome to the forum..willair..

I attended a seminar on the weekend where Mark Rolton from MassLand spoke about his property options. In that seminar, on stage, he made fun of me in front of 350 or so people attending, just for taking some initiative – something he lauds, but yet made fun of me for doing so. It was hurtful. This act showed his "Colours". When Mark was questioned on stage whether he contributes to deals by his students, he responded in the affirmative, yet he did not disclose in his answer that he takes 80% of the profit – something important for students to know. I could have easily called out that he takes 80% of the profit just to ridicule him in a way he did me, but chose to be respectful. So I put out this warning to those that may go to a seminar by Mark Rolton. Beware what you do, as he may just embarrass you unnecessarily. He is not the type of person I want to deal with.

Are you talking about the Think and Grow Rich in Property seminar?

If so I didn't think he ridiculed anyone. Were you the guy who grabbed the $50? If so, how did he make fun of you?

I
As for options, i always have the thought that these products/seminars are marketed to property investing newbies (i suppose what isnt in this industry) and i'm always left wondering "why would newbies want to make money doing property options?"

Wouldn't they considered a pretty advanced strategy? A lot of people lately cant make money with buy and hold, why on earth would they be taking on options?

I've said it a hundred times on this forum. Its all marketing, nothing more.

They make it sound so darn easy. They tell the pros but not the cons (of course).

At the seminar on the weekend I won a set of DVD's that teach you how to do this stuff. Titles include "Sales killer- If you don't do this the second your presentation finishes, you won't make a single sale". AND "How to make your offer so irresistible that your audience rushes to tour product table, and fight each other to be first to give you their money".

One presenter "Aussie Rob" who sells his course on share renting was a great speaker and people literally RAN to the back. These presenters know their strike rate. Apparently Aussie Rob has a strike rate of 30% (one of the highest around).

Pretty serious stuff.
I'm happy with my free books, DVD's and motivation. Thanks.

Hi Guys,

Has anyone actually done Mark Roltons home study that I can chat with privately?

Theres a few things I would like to discuss perhaps over the phone or via e-mail

Brendo

Wouldn't it be great if these people who "only run the course cause theyve made their money and want to help people", only charged their costs instead of thousands. Only then would I believe that their main business was what they are touting and not the seminars/mentoring.

Maybe there should be a section in API or YPI magazine where they send some one each month to "do" one of these courses and then write an evaluation on it- an unbiassed critique.

Would be very interesting. Watch the fur fly then.

Property Options positive experience..beginner

Hi,
I read with interest the posts and understand the points raised. It isn't easy.

If anyone is interested in moving forward it is our experience that it actually does work and can be done is way that maximizes the interests of all parties in the transaction. We have just completed a deal where the owner banked a serious premium ,we assigned the option and made great money and the ultimate buyer is completing the DA with a significant margin as well. We are just beginners and would love to talk with people who have had experience.
Brendo and others? I'd love to catch up on the phone or email,
Talk soon,
David

Maybe Xenia could get Rolton to speak at one of her information evenings so a few SS's could make an assessment of his product.

Back