Massland seminar - Mark Rolton

Hi everybody,

Pretty good comments and information on this thread. I did the course about a year ago and I have mixed results in the process. Yes, I'm glad I did the course but not because of the course itself but I simply had to take action because of wanting to move forward. But.... knowing what I now know, I would have done it differently and spend that money on real courses like the ones I'm doing and planning to do in the future.

At this point in time, I'm finalising an option contract for a site but it's not easy. The question is, what if you get the owner to agree to the option agreement but the suppose to be JV partner turns it down or takes a long time to make a decision which is what happened to me. I had to do something as my integrity in on the line and did a lot of research in the process. I am a man of my word and in the process of doing the DA myself which consist of architect's feasibility, traffic report, environment report, noise report, arborist report not including the lawyer's fees, town planning fees, council fees, amongst other things that might pop up in the process. The feasibility that I came up with didn't stack up with the developer's that I've spoken to, that's why I'm getting a feasibility from an architect. Yes the option fee is very minimal, but the underlying cost of getting a DA would be substantial.

Don't get me wrong. I happen to love this process even though it's very hard work and not a lot of owners would agree to an option agreement, which I think limits your opportunities. I've decided to be in the game and decided to study urban planning & development and possibly construction management. On my own I study land development (more than a 1,000 page material), contracts law, different type of financing, and in-depth market and property cycle analysis.

Currently looking for smaller type development that I can secure under options or conditional contract.

I don't really know what's going to happen from here. All I know is nobody really knows what's going to happen. What I do know is I will do everything I have to do to increase the chances of the plans or project to become successful.

Thanks

Just read the thread, after I googled "Massland" I stumbled across it - yes I got some mail today from massland suggesting interest in my property - think ill just throw it in the bin now I know whats really going on
Thanks all and good luck with your indeavours!
Jamie

Jreviewall,

His behaviour indicates that he does not have fact to back-up his facts deals.

I would have called out why can't substantiate his fact and would have called him out in front of the whole audience.

I have heard him speak......he comes across as a total w%ker.

Don't take it personally......others like Michael Yardney, Wakelin and others use this tactic to confirm their beliefs. The truth there are many diffent strategies and they ALL work in the right circumstances.

I attended a seminar on the weekend where Mark Rolton from MassLand spoke about his property options. In that seminar, on stage, he made fun of me in front of 350 or so people attending, just for taking some initiative – something he lauds, but yet made fun of me for doing so. It was hurtful. This act showed his "Colours". When Mark was questioned on stage whether he contributes to deals by his students, he responded in the affirmative, yet he did not disclose in his answer that he takes 80% of the profit – something important for students to know. I could have easily called out that he takes 80% of the profit just to ridicule him in a way he did me, but chose to be respectful. So I put out this warning to those that may go to a seminar by Mark Rolton. Beware what you do, as he may just embarrass you unnecessarily. He is not the type of person I want to deal with.

well, i tried with Massland and got nothing - even got conned into the course.

and from what i've learned from an ex-insider - i wouldn't touch Massland with a 6ft pole.

well, i tried with Massland and got nothing - even got conned into the course.

and from what i've learned from an ex-insider - i wouldn't touch Massland with a 6ft pole.

What about the nuggets in the course...worth picking up? I know all IP courses are puff pieces ...but if you can stop yourself from throwing up in your mouth...is there merit in "some" parts of it?

Im hittin the books to climatize myself with vendor finance and the like. So im taking all the angles to improve my game. Even the crap angles so i can pull off some good D when im hit with a good offence.

it's a long settlement with a decent ($10k+) non-refundable deposit.

no one will relinquish control of their property unless you're paying bleed money ($100k +)

if you find it, great! - but i have better and more lucrative things to do with my time.

if you want to short it, then on-sell the property with a settlement date a day after you settle.

Knowledge resource = Massland?

Hi,
Full page ad on the free MX newspaper today, MX is available at sydney Central train station every avo delivered to tens of thousands of passengers. It was Mark Rolton's free seminar. Does any1 know if his company Knowledge resource = Massland? Any experience the seminar?
Can any1 recommend any reading material about options? I'm kinda curious...
Olive - the new bee

Some success

]There seems to be a lot of feeling on here about the chances of success with property options. This is understandable and I understand how you feel. I have felt the same way and have then found it can work. It is hard however over the last year we have produced $340000 in clear profits for not a big outlay ( 9k for one deal and 25k for the other) We still consider ourselves beginners and have a lot to learn. I am eager to talk with people who who have done stuff and are yet to do deals as well. Please get back to me. I am doing options every day and it is getting easier as we have more experience. It is a fantastic way to make money for everyone. The sellers who we have dealt with on both our deals are very happy with the outcome as they are much better off than they would have been had they sold through traditional real estate firms.
I understand those who have negative feelings about it all. I have felt the same way and have found that it does work and all you need is a clear path forward. At the start I had real problems understanding what to do and in what order.

Last edited by a moderator:
]There seems to be a lot of feeling on here about the chances of success with property options. This is understandable and I understand how you feel. I have felt the same way and have then found it can work. It is hard however over the last year we have produced $340000 in clear profits for not a big outlay ( 9k for one deal and 25k for the other) We still consider ourselves beginners and have a lot to learn. I am eager to talk with people who who have done stuff and are yet to do deals as well. Please get back to me. I am doing options every day and it is getting easier as we have more experience. It is a fantastic way to make money for everyone. The sellers who we have dealt with on both our deals are very happy with the outcome as they are much better off than they would have been had they sold through traditional real estate firms.
I understand those who have negative feelings about it all. I have felt the same way and have found that it does work and all you need is a clear path forward. At the start I had real problems understanding what to do and in what order.

and that's AWESOME news :cool: - seriously, kudos. :D

but again, it's not getting rich for 'just $1000'. that's $34,000 outlay to produce $340,000 profit - a 1000% ROI so a very good deal nonetheless.

how many people right here, right now studying this course

1) understand the entire process
2) feel confident about putting $9k and $25k on the table out of their own pocket.
3) can stay the course.

many people do the course and still harbour a fear of loss. until that is mastered, i recommend NOBODY invest ANYTHING until it is overcome.

Why is it that those who stand up for spruikers always seem to have 1 or very little comment history on somersoft??

My guess is, that spruikers know threads like these get indexed by goggle and when a search is done, it's probably going to show on the first page. U jus gotta love the net sometimes :D:

Thanks for your reply

Not sure it is a matter of standing up for spruikers, and not sure that message frequency means much. The really interesting thing is tracking down people who are doing something or interested in doing so. Ethical and profitable behaviour is the most important thing. Love to talk with people who are in this mindset.

Here's my my usual advice to spruikers:

You do far more damage to your brand by posting here.

Consider:
- Forumites give ZERO credibility to first time posters

- Reasonable posters follow up with explanations and rational arguments. People are generally not offensive

- If you are after google search shaping no one is going to read one post.

Avoid the embarassment - most people here are laughing

Ok, I have an entry here before on another username (ForeverStudent) entry#42. I just forgot that I had that username but I like the username I have now anyway.

Few things have happened since then so a little bit of update.

I had a meeting with the Director and Project Manager of a medium sized property group here in Victoria regarding a possible JV opportunity with an owner that I had a signed Heads of Agreement on towards an option on his property. The meeting was setup by somebody I went to do my Agent's rep with. When the director found out that it's with Massland (well, possibly), he said "If I knew this before hand, I wouldn't have met with you guys" he kindly excused himself and left the meeting leaving me with this guy from school and the Project Manager. That was an embarassing moment :eek: but the Project Manager was kind enough to chat and give us some pointers which is good because he was previously a property lawyer.

I became friends with somebody who went to the Massland course about a year before me who told me that Mark went to this well known property development consultants who laughed when he presented his feasibility of 3-4 pages.

I found out that developers and sophisticated builders have been using options for a long time and when I spoke to a few property lawyers about a deal I was looking at some of them look at me funny and asked "Why are you using an option on this deal?" which really confused me. I did learn more about conditional contracts.

I have spoken to Civil Engineers, Civil Contractors, etc. and realised how tough this business really is. The books on development that I've read and developers that I've spoken to has the same sentiment.

I don't have anything against Massland but one of my issue is the way they make is sound 'easy', like most spruikers do I suppose. Who's going to these things if they promote 'Yes, profit can be made but there's a lot of god damned hard work to do before it happens!'.

There's a part of me that goes "Yeh, but you wouldn't have known all this if you didn't go to that course?". Maybe but I really credit it to taking 'ACTION' not particularly the course.

If I had to do it all over again, I would be doing what I'm doing now; Doing the Uni Program because I like the structure, going to events by API, UDIA and other professional groups, talking to the people in the industry, and learning in the process.

My 2 cents.

I feel much more comforted with dealing with Mark Rolton now that I have an assurance from a poster with a limited history on a public forum.

My hand is shaking with the excitement of the big bucks so much so that I am having trouble signing the cheque to enrol in the seminar.

Just before I sign can you give me an example in SEQ I can verify as regards promises delivered on?

This money is burning a hole in my pocket so please make it quick.

The above is a cut and paste of a post I made on this thread almost a year too the day on this same thread.

So what's changed- I'll tell you what; I am currently suing an option seller for 50k for one of my clients; I changed the clauses and this guy didn't deliver up on his end of the bargain so we get our option fee back (only he's already spent it ).

I assume the guru has asked his disciples to contest any forums that besmirch his reputation.

34k? that will buy you 34 options of ignorant and ill informed non legally represented pensioners.

PS your post refers to you now managing other builders- it may be this that has led to more income, not the hidden mystery forbidden secrets of options that only Mr Rolton et al can share for a price.

Advice from a reformed Seminar Junkie

And we never heard from the one time poster again.....

Greetings Forumites - from a seminar veteran

After spending tens of thousands of hours and dollars in various free and paid events/seminars and having invested in numerous property investment "home study courses" out there - I can confirm that you guys are right - there are too many of these spruikers out there and the MO is - run a Free event that could be from 1 1/2 hours up to 1 day - this leads to an up-sell into a 2-3 day event for $3K to $6,000 which then turns into an upsell for 12 mths "mentoring" from $25K to $50,000 for information that is readily available in these forums and on the net for FREE or that you can find in books and audio programmes for a fraction of the price.

Granted I have met some great people over the years and have learned a few things and picked up some good ideas, but the seminars have generally only served to confirm that what I have been doing was working and that I was on the right track with my own investment strategies.

I have attended a number of Marks Free previews and I have also spoken to a couple of his "Graduates" and I am yet to be convinced that paying Mark or any other property spruiker $25K or more for any mentoring programme is worth it.

In fact surfing this and a couple of other forums I am now more convinced than ever that it is a much better idea to keep my money in my pocket and use it as a deposit for my next property deal rather than part with it for some dubious education - to me it appears that most of these spruiker's all talk about what "their graduates" have done or are doing but have very few of their own deals to discuss - seems to be very much a case of "Those who can do and those who can't teach".

From what I am seeing out in the marketplace two tier marketing is on the increase and the newbies to the property investment market are being led like lambs to the slaughter except instead of just being sold overpriced properties in Qld like what happened during the 80's and 90's now its also taking people overseas by the busload to the US market.

People need to look beyond the face value of these spriuker's as they use "education as leverage" to gain credability and trust - SO I have to agree with you forumites that for some of these guru's the only wealth they are interested in creating is their own and that they are really good at sucking people in - but then its our own responsibility to become educated enough to spot the cons and this is where forums like this one and a number of others that provide you with the opportunity to do just that.

I think the lesson is that if you do your homework - do your due diligence and make informed and educated decisions then you can avoid these vultures and if good people get together then the con artists will be identified and shut down.

Its simply a case of seminar attendee beware - do your homework and due diligence on speakers and promoters just like you should do on the properties you buy - fortunately with the net and google its much easier to do these days

cheers

Back