Garage Roller door Respring

Hi Guys,
I was repairing the garage and bought a used roller door through ebay. the owner confirmed it was working before it was dismantled. Myself and the owner installed the door at my property. Everything went well except after the finish the door was not rolling up smoothly. After two rolls it immediately jumps and loosens and hit the roof. I surfed the net and found it requires a re-sprung. I am not sure how to do it. I live in Lidcombe. If any of you know a good handyman or a Roller door repairer, please pass on the detail.

Regards
Velli

Can't help in Sydney but if you ring the manufacturer, e.g. Gliderol or whoever, they will have a list of authorised installers/repairers.

I tried to fix one myself-ONCE. It is trickiy nd I recommend call in the experts.

Project 1080.

The project: 10 IPs in 80 mths.

i have a new B&D and it has gone twice now , i did'nt bother to repair it , as under warrenty, but the fella came out and had it done in ten minutes, i think if you get em out and observe the process so if it happens again,:D it will be money well spent.

hubby and i have resprung a couple of doors - it's not hard and doesn't take long, but unfortunately i can't tell you what to do as i'm always the poor sucker hanging onto the door for dear life to make sure it doesn't spring out while he winds it.

Hi Velli,

I did some research on the net on how to install a roller door as I am looking to do the same, i.e. buy it from ebay and install it myself and I haven't done it before. The attached document is installation instructed for B&D roller door which I found quite useful. Give it a shot yourself with a friend as door would be quite heavy, if not call a handyman. Btw I am also in Lidcombe, PM me if you want a hand. :)

Cheers,
Roopam

Attachments

• B&D RAD_Series1_Install Instructions_web version[1].jpg
    B&D RAD_Series1_Install Instructions_web version[1].jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 825
Now I know who is competing with me on Ebay and pushing up the price for the doors.;)

Maybe the link you meant to post is as follows

http://www.bnd.com.au/content/?action=getfile&id=130

The idea is simply to wind up the spring ones the door is hung and the end (bottom of door is in rail and held) is secured in place to ensure that you are actually winding the spring.

We have recently bought a number of doors to replace 5 tilt doors with roller doors. We drill an extra hole in the Axle to allow for additional access for a 10mm rod that we use to wind the door. We do not use a Wrench as illustrated in the brochure, but a length of 10mm rod (reo rod to be precise)

My son is hanging these doors and prior to these doors had never even touched one.

Cheers

Now I know who is competing with me on Ebay and pushing up the price for the doors.;)
Cheers

nah! I'm a miser and don't bid if the price has gone high. ;) btw, very good info. Good idea to drill a hole in the axle and use a rod but I'm not sure how easy that would be given the thickness of the axle.

Thansk Everyone and sorry for the late response

Hi all,
thanks for the excellent information. Particulalry the one provided by Poonam. I will try that this week and inform the forum about the outcome.

Poonam,
How i can contact you by PM? I never used that service.

Thansk Everyone and sorry for the late response

Hi all,
thanks for the excellent information. Particularly the one provided by Poonam. I will try that this week and inform the forum about the outcome.

Poonam,
How i can contact you by PM? I never used that service.

Sorry Roopam, i mispelled you as Poonam

I called a handyman and fork out $100 and no use. Hence I posted on this forum. If you know a good handyman please let me know

I called a handyman and fork out $100 and no use. Hence I posted on this forum. If you know a good handyman please let me know

Hi Velli,

Sorry for the late reply. Shouldn't be that hard. Unfortunately, I cannot recommend a good handyman. But from what I gather, if the door is alright then it shouldn't be that hard. If the issue is still there, I can give you a hand on the weekend and who knows you may not need a handyman. I'll PM you.

Cheers,
Roopam

Thanks Roopam

Hi Roopam,
The door is ok and no problem I could see. If you can help me it will be great. I am will wait for your PM for more details.

Regards
Velli

Back