Subdivision and New Build - Virginia QLD

Update:

We are also getting a valuation done by one of the valuers one our banks panel that will basically show the proposed plan on the subdivided block and with specific inclusions and what the completed value is, this means we should have to borrow either nothing or a small amount for the next stage.

what does this mean? does that mean you could borrow against the end product value? I was under the impression that I would have to fund the DA myself?

what does this mean? does that mean you could borrow against the end product value? I was under the impression that I would have to fund the DA myself?

No we would have to fund the DA ourselves - the valuation would be the value once approved with a house on it.

Updated 9th October

So timeline...

Property settled: 19 September 2014
Development Application lodged: 24 September 2014
Development Approved: 9 October 2014

WOW moving fast - next stage is demolition and we had budgeted for $15,000 for removal of everything on the block including shed and tress and concrete and asbestos... we have a written quote for $15,400 worst case scenario depending on the absetos in the kitchen..it may be less.

We are also getting valuation done for finished product with the plans we have drawn up by the valuer that Westpac uses to assist in finance for construction.

Looks good - we actually live on this street and plenty going on as well as a couple of good results for properties further down towards the Banyo end of the street.

Look forward to seeing what you do with them.

Looks good - we actually live on this street and plenty going on as well as a couple of good results for properties further down towards the Banyo end of the street.

Look forward to seeing what you do with them.

Yes lots going on, even with the smaller blocks being reno'd.

We were initially going to move into one of them but have since moved back into hubby's previous PPOR.

Almost neighbors ;-)

Update:

So we are now just waiting for the electricity to be disconnected so we can demolish the house, we have demolition approval and are just waiting to go.

- We have our quote back from the builder which included ducted aircon, driveway and flooring and extra allowance for electrical this game in at $275,000, deposit paid and soli test being undertaken this week.

- We got a valuation to assist with the loan....the idiots valued it without carpet and driveway!!! we have sent it back with a please explained...so the valuation as is...plus flooring, driveway, aircon etc should be ok.

The big issue....

Working out whether to arrange the connections of electricity, phone, sewer and water myself or arrange a consultant to do it for what I feel is a bit of a heft fee!!

Good luck for your soil test. I appointed engineers to do a soil test on the block for the slide and raise and they came back with M class soil. Hallmark did their bore holes no more than a few meters from the other holes and came back with H2/P. Check your pre contract pricing too. The pricing in the original quote was lower for almost every item and other items were completely omitted. I'm sure yours will be a smoother process building 2 houses with them.

I've organized the water/sewer connections myself. Sent off an application to QUU and they came back with a cost to do the connection. I paid it and they'll do the connection in the not too distant future.

I struggled on the telecommunications/electricity side tho. Was trying to complete the council checklists myself but neither of the above could tell me how I could get sign off from the providers without opening accounts with each. So I've passed it onto the professionals to finish the job, albeit reluctantly as I really wanted to learn the process myself.

I've organized the water/sewer connections myself. Sent off an application to QUU and they came back with a cost to do the connection. I paid it and they'll do the connection in the not too distant future.

Well Application is done...fairly straight forward and could be done online...more money grabbing... 2 x application fee's of $550 :mad:

Hi Letiha,

Were both services outside of the standard service criteria? Ie across the road or not on footpath etc? It seems unlucky that neither are standard. For standard applications it's only 149 on new system :(

Could I ask how you disconnected electricity. Im trying to organise the same for my splitter project. Ive talked to energex about it and they said they cant do anything about it. It is all in the hands of the provider. I said that since i am not living in the place i do not have a provider. What happens when the Tennant leaves and i am ready to demolish. How do i then confirm if the electricity hands been disconnected prior to demolition seeing as there will be no providers to go through.

In our experience, you need to set up your own account with the provider, then request the abolishment.

They provide an Energex form, which you need to fill out then send back to them. By them I mean the provider, which they forward to Energex. It can take up to 28 days, so I hope you aren't waiting to demo next week or something :D

Pretty bloody annoying

Could I ask how you disconnected electricity. Im trying to organise the same for my splitter project. Ive talked to energex about it and they said they cant do anything about it. It is all in the hands of the provider. I said that since i am not living in the place i do not have a provider. What happens when the Tennant leaves and i am ready to demolish. How do i then confirm if the electricity hands been disconnected prior to demolition seeing as there will be no providers to go through.

energex told me who the previous provider was in my case origin...and I contacted them via phone.

Hi Letiha,

Were both services outside of the standard service criteria? Ie across the road or not on footpath etc? It seems unlucky that neither are standard. For standard applications it's only 149 on new system :(

They are meant to be standard... Will look into it further.

Hi Letiha,

Thanks for that info...got it all fixed up today...seems I ticked a wrong box on my application.

Back