You ain't seen nothin' yet

I don't see what the big deal is. They pay the rent they can keep the place how they see fit. So the personal hygiene levels may be a bit lower than you or me...no big deal...not everyone's the same. Maybe that cat is the freezer is food rather than a deceased pet....

We had one like that last year without the cat poo though and a bit messier. Worst one we have had in 14 years of doing this. The most :eek: bit was a pile of mattresses all stacked one on top of the other. Each one covered in some kind of grease with a clean square in the middle. Further searching found a plug in frypan on a similar sized piece of wood.
The best guess we have is that they used the mattress as a table for cooking when they weren't sleeping on it and when it got too greasy they just flung another mattress on top and repeated the process. 5 all up!
Oh and layers of maggots in the bottom ones.

I don't see what the big deal is. They pay the rent they can keep the place how they see fit. So the personal hygiene levels may be a bit lower than you or me...no big deal...not everyone's the same. Maybe that cat is the freezer is food rather than a deceased pet....

Sure, no big deal, as long as pay for all the carpet replacement, fumigate for fleas, deodorize. Time lost for such repairs.

I don't have a problem with the dead cat. They were probably waiting until they could bury it somewhere..other than a rental property.

Yeah. No big deal. Just scrape the two inches of faeces off the carpet for the next tenant. It should be up to them how they live... right? :roll eyes:

... I so hope you are either baiting or joking :)

e60fceb04adac2259859923a773500db.jpg

Really?? The mind just boggles. So, their personal hygiene is a BIT lower than your's? I'm seriously glad you are not one of my tenants, because it is a heck of a lot lower than mine. And the cat is FOOD? Really?? I think you might have your own issues if this is a serious post.
Yeah. No big deal. Just scrape the two inches of faeces off the carpet for the next tenant. It should be up to them how they live... right? :roll eyes:

... I so hope you are either baiting or joking :)

This!

Really?? The mind just boggles. So, their personal hygiene is a BIT lower than your's? I'm seriously glad you are not one of my tenants, because it is a heck of a lot lower than mine. And the cat is FOOD? Really?? I think you might have your own issues if this is a serious post.

Since when has being a landlord given an individual the right to enforce a standard of living conditions? A landlord provides a dwelling for someone to live in, end of story. If you don't like how they live then don't look inside...easy solution.

Again.... just because you may not like cat meat or think it unsavoury many cultures do eat these furry felines:
http://www.thedailymeal.com/9-countries-eat-cats-and-dogs/11414
Surely a landlord cannot control the eating habits of a tenant??
What's next -what religion they believe in, sexual preference, fashion sense...

Since when has being a landlord given an individual the right to enforce a standard of living conditions? A landlord provides a dwelling for someone to live in, end of story. If you don't like how they live then don't look inside...easy solution.

Again.... just because you may not like cat meat or think it unsavoury many cultures do eat these furry felines:

Not sure about your RTA, but ours state that a property must be kept clean.

Since when has being a landlord given an individual the right to enforce a standard of living conditions?

Trippy, I think you're stirring the pot, but just on the off chance you are serious-- being a landlord doesn't give me the right to enforce a standard of living condition. But it is reasonable to expect that basic standards of hygiene will be met. If they are not, I am then left to foot the bill for the clean up. If I don't foot the bill, I won't be able to find another tenant for that property.

A landlord provides a dwelling for someone to live in, end of story. If you don't like how they live then don't look inside...easy solution.

I don't provide someone a place to live so that it can then be trashed. Many people who would care about a place they own don't give the same consideration to a place they're renting. Other people just have no idea how to clean. Perhaps nobody taught them. I don't care how dirty they are in their own place, but I do care in mine, because I have to consider the next tenants. And I have no option BUT to look inside during inspections. If I can mitigate losses early in the piece by way of inspection, it is much cheaper than doing it down the track when the place has been trashed.

What's next -what religion they believe in, sexual preference, fashion sense.

What someone eats is their business; how they clean up once they've eaten is also my business.

And, by the way, if I knew that somebody ate cat or dog meat, I would not allow them to live in one of my rental properties. There are also some cultures I simply refuse to allow into my rental properties because of bad experiences. I am the owner, and I can discriminate if I choose. I discriminate because it will affect the profitability of my properties. I could choose to discriminate against people with blonde hair, but I don't because that has nothing to do with the way they maintain the property.

Ho Hum...Trolling again, hey!

Well, you know what, it IS my business how they live. I don't give a damn if a tenant is untidy, but I DO care about how they treat my property, and having faeces all over the carpet is certainly not something that makes a good tenant, neither is a hoarder (with or without pets), as there is too much junk to clean the place, which places extra wear & tear on the property. This is why by law you are allowed to inspect your rental properties. If a tenant isn't holding up their part of the deal, then I as the landlord, have every right to move them along.

We have an interesting tenant for the last ten years down in Hobart . One year we got pictures of the unit full of christmas trees , then she'd changed to teddy bears , only got worrisome when she thought there was something wrong with the Gas stove and tried to do some home repairs . She has a supportive family who are quick to respond to any concerns that are raised .

cliff

And, by the way, if I knew that somebody ate cat or dog meat, I would not allow them to live in one of my rental properties. There are also some cultures I simply refuse to allow into my rental properties because of bad experiences. I am the owner, and I can discriminate if I choose. I discriminate because it will affect the profitability of my properties. I could choose to discriminate against people with blonde hair, but I don't because that has nothing to do with the way they maintain the property.

This is not true. The law states you must not discriminate:

Anti-discrimination laws
The law states that you, or your agent, must not discriminate against anyone, or harass them, because of their:
?race (colour, nationality or descent)
?sex (male or female)
?pregnancy
?marital status (e.g. singles or unmarried mothers)
?disability (physical, intellectual or psychiatric disability)
?homosexuality (gay men and lesbians)
?age (both young or old)
?transgender (transsexual).

It is also against the law to discriminate against a person because of the race, sex, pregnancy, marital status, disability, homosexuality, age or transgender of their relatives, friends or associates.

Or are you above the law??
I don't know how you would tell they eat dog or cat...
Just curious, what would be the tell tale signs for you...that then allow you to illegally discriminate against them?

While the properties are in our names, we will pick and choose who we permit to reside in our properties.

If that means we are discriminating..so be it.

Applicants will not know why..we just say their application has been declined.

Back