Anyone heard of Positive Real Estate?

I've attended one session and know someone who did their mentoring class.

Personally I thought it was poor value, but the advice seems decent. Some people need that extra hand holding I suppose. I don't for property but I do at the gym (with a PT), horses for courses.

Personally never liked the idea of a property mentoring group that's also a BA (or should I say sells stock for developers). I think it would still work, it's just a bit more expensive way to go about it. 6% commission on a $500k H&L package or townhouse is $30k.

There also is a certain someone that they quote in their material (in relation to which areas are good to buy). They've been sent legal letters asking them to stop using this persons name, but they keep doing it... Not the end of the world but certainly not nice!

i paid my $$ to positive for mentoring and am completely happy with what they do and how they treat me. I had 3 ips before i joined, had made some mistakes and i figure it is easy to drop 10k on a bad deal in this game so why not get someone to hold your hand? like fresh oil in an engine, it is cheap insurance i reckon. now up to 5 ips in 8 months. all good. go on your own if you want. if you want a safety net, spend the 10k and get some reassurance. stick to what you know best and pay someone else for the rest.

Anyone had any dealings with these guys? Good or Bad. I did a search and didnt get many hits. Apparently they also call themselves ESC and Richmastery.
Run by a few people, Sam Saggers, Lisa Sanders, Jason Whitman, Duncan yelds.

Duncan Yelds looks to be with Crawford Property Group now as Sales Network Manager

i paid my $$ to positive for mentoring and am completely happy with what they do and how they treat me. I had 3 ips before i joined, had made some mistakes and i figure it is easy to drop 10k on a bad deal in this game so why not get someone to hold your hand? like fresh oil in an engine, it is cheap insurance i reckon. now up to 5 ips in 8 months. all good. go on your own if you want. if you want a safety net, spend the 10k and get some reassurance. stick to what you know best and pay someone else for the rest.

wow. just wow.

I know my hard earned cash. I'll stick with that thanks.

Do not go near Crawford Property Group as they have burnt a lot of people and caused them to go belly up just so they can get their quota of sales and turn over stock. They aren't genuinely caring for your situation but rather their own back profits.

Warning

We joined the PRE Mentoring Program in August 2014. We went on holidays for 3,5 weeks, fair enough that our investment hand-in-hand mentoring got delayed. But it's now mid-Nov and all we have had is a strategy for the first property drawn up. And it's not like we are not ready - I mean our side of things, finances, checks, savings, it's all good to go. We have had two meetings with the coach so far. The system of putting in an Expression of Interest within 30 SECONDS after the launch of a Deal is just very frustrating, specially when there are 5 different clients trying for the same deal. It seems like they keep signing up clients but do not have enough deals researched in the property market to offer the clients. And obviously we don't want them to just throw any rubbish to us but this is just for anyone thinking of joining to be aware of.

That's pretty poor.
I hope you did not pay $10K upfront??

BTW, don't assume they wont throw rubbish your way as the norm, I would ensure that what they are sourcing ticks the boxes and they provide the evidence to support what they are stating, don't take it as a given. Unfortunately some BA are in bed with developers, they just don't tell you this. Considering the costs involved in using a BA and of course not all are tarred with the same brush, its really disgraceful that you have to actually do the homework, what's the point really.

Last edited:
i know a friend who was mentored by them for several months, found they didn't really help her much and got most of money back. So if it's no good, get your money back.

LOL never seen that many first time posters in a thread :eek:

Anyway my stir is done, keep them coming as this keeps me awake at work :p

Good on you for stirring, I researched this company years ago, so flush your money in the loo cos it will be pretty much same effect

Mtr

I have been looking into them, novice investor with 2 IP's wanted some guidance/advice to run things by and plan a stradegy.
Went to a seminar and had a one on one interview.
It is $10,000, which they say if your unsatisfied you can have your money back for 24 months.
The coach recommended buying 10 house and land packages in under 10 years, selling 5 and paying down the remaining 5.

I have decided against joining and to put in the extra time and effort to learn myself, especially after stumbling across this forum whilst researching Positiverealestate.

But for someone who would prefer to be less envolved in their investments they seem like a good thing.

I've been to free 2h seminar, sounded really good and made sense in a way there is a team working together, people doing full time research about area, returns, properties and etc BUT
found out they make money not from mentoring program people pay but from properties they sell, so they would try to sell anything that brings bigger commission for them ... I also think a lot depends on the mentor, mentor I had meeting with was lacking people skills and was not someone who seemed confident or knowledgeable, more like sales person with attitude that usually has contra effect on me!

I have been looking into them, novice investor with 2 IP's wanted some guidance/advice to run things by and plan a stradegy.
Went to a seminar and had a one on one interview.
It is $10,000, which they say if your unsatisfied you can have your money back for 24 months.
The coach recommended buying 10 house and land packages in under 10 years, selling 5 and paying down the remaining 5.

I have decided against joining and to put in the extra time and effort to learn myself, especially after stumbling across this forum whilst researching Positiverealestate.

But for someone who would prefer to be less envolved in their investments they seem like a good thing.

Wise choice.
Conflict of interest, big red flag, when a company is sourcing properties you need to ensure they are not receiving a commission. I think we have plenty of information about this company and what they are sourcing and I would not be doing business with this company.

I joined PRE (Positive Real Estate) a year back. I joined on the basis that I'd rather pay 10k for education 'for life' and a BA in one, rather than pay a similar amount for the services of just a BA. It didn't quite turn out that way.

The monthly seminars and contacts made have been great. The property deals side of things isn't so great. I've just bought my first IP. It wasn't through PRE though. I chose a location they're pedaling, and bought on my own. I did this because I thought I'd learn more this way, and I most certainly have.

I can't say I regret joining PRE, as it's definitely kept me motivated in learning about investment property. I don't think I'd be on this site atleast once a week for example, if it wasn't for the PRE course. Much like a mature aged student paying for a University Course I suppose.

I think they do charge too much for their membership though. The lower the cost the more clients they would have, and the more clients they would have to sell their properties too.

PRE membership could be a good move for some, but a backwards move for others. PM me to anyone wanting to know more about PRE.

Does anyone realise Positive Real Estate only push property where they get paid 6% + commission? They don't select good value property, only property they get paid well for. So when they "push" you a $400,000 property, keep in mind they are being paid $24,000 for their "helpfulness".

The typical tactic is to xcoll woth PPOR and steal, I mean extract the available equity to prop up a low valuation which is where the 24+k comms come from. Banks, brokers and spruikers are in bed together on this.

Not saying the company in question does this but have seen plenty that do. Mitigant is to insist on a copy of the bank vals before proceeding but as many of the spruikers propertys are OTP this can be a little tricky but still possible if you have genuine operators who place your interests above thiers.

Back