We've done it!

Living the dream mate. Fully exited rat race start this FY :)

Hey Rick

Congratulations on being unchained from a desk. Wondering if you would share the following:

1. what is the LVR of your portfolio when you pulled the plug?

2. was the net rental income from your portfolio you're getting positive and enough to live off?

3. do you also have any high yielding shares as an income source?

cheers

Hey Rick

Congratulations on being unchained from a desk. Wondering if you would share the following:

1. what is the LVR of your portfolio when you pulled the plug?

2. was the net rental income from your portfolio you're getting positive and enough to live off?

3. do you also have any high yielding shares as an income source?

cheers

1. 50 before reval & top ups.
2. Not enough for our desired lifestyle. Its all about maximising by preserving portfolio cash flows. Rental income is for offsetting the prevailing interest rate on LOC used for funding lifestyle. ie 6% interest on $100k lifestyle is 94% less than 100% of rent on $100k lifestyle.
3. No..shares dont fit my personal risk profile.

Last edited:
All the best to you:)

I notice you relocated to Victoria? I was curious whether this part of the plan/strategy to reduce risk and maximise equity. Cheaper housing/living expenses etc. If you don't mind sharing, if this is the case, I think good strategy if improving lifestyle and giving you other options.

MTR:)

All the best to you:)

I notice you relocated to Victoria? I was curious whether this part of the plan/strategy to reduce risk and maximise equity. Cheaper housing/living expenses etc. If you don't mind sharing, if this is the case, I think good strategy if improving lifestyle and giving you other options.

MTR:)

We moved for family lifestyle reasons and local investment opportunity coming 2nd. Yes cost of living is cheaper here in comparison to West but it wasnt the deciding factor.

With the strategy, at year 10 Would you renovate property number 1 due to wear and tear and to increase its value?

With the strategy, at year 10 Would you renovate property number 1 due to wear and tear and to increase its value?

Ive been cosmetically renovating (painting walls/ceilings/doors, replacing floor coverings & window treatments) IP's along the way...with the view to doing this once every 10 years or so.

Each time renovated it has increased rental income & valuation nicely.

Hi Rixter,

I've been meaning to ask you. What is the difference between LOE and a reverse mortgage? I understand what they both are but aren't they effectively the same thing?

Congratulations! Inspiring to see someone succeed in property and the icing on the cake is getting to know the strategy they used :)

Back