Subdivision in SA

Well, that explains everything out here then :)

I'm buying a subdivisible block in SA at the moment, just not Adelaide, obviously. Anyone recommend any good surveyors, and preferably not ones based in the southern burbs? I can't for the life of me remember who I used last time. The block is a good 1/2 hour north of Clare.

Been talking to the council.

They say $10,000 in council and lands title fees and open space fees and surveyor costs and fee fees. They gave me the number of some surveyors in Adelaide that also have offices out this way.

Add $3000 if you need to move a septic tank that is over the proposed boundary, and of course $3000 + fees for a new septic on the new block

And $2500-3000 for a new water meter.

They also couldn't tell me if my block was even subdivisible at all as it technically doesn't comply - it is 29 metres wide and their minimum street frontage is 15m but they didn't know what frontage an existing house needs. I would be left with 6m empty space to the right of the existing house which is way more than the houses near mine have. I'm sure we can haggle something out, everyone who has visited the house so far has been surprised that the vacant part of the block belongs to us, it looks like a separate vacant lot and even the street numbering skips a number over the empty bit (our house is 21, next door is 25).

Back