Perth - 3 unit/villa development

Between $65-75, but there was asbestos removal and this also includes retaining walls, and these guys are not cowboys and finish the job very quickly

$65/m to remove asbestos fencing, replace with colorbond and do some retaining?? Is that definite? Seems far too cheap

Fencing contractors there today, should be completed by Wednesday, $12,000, word of warning, don't expect any neighbours to chip in with this because they don't have too.... damn it.

Other than this.... its pretty boring at moment because the trades have all gone on their holiday break and wont be back till 12 January, then it will be skirtings, completing all cornices, kitchen overhead cupboards, finish electrics. Expecting this project to be completed by early/mid February.

Will then see where the rents are at and how the market is going. I am planning to sell villa 1 and keep villa 2/3, I am not emotional about this just sell the villa that gives me the best $.

Not taking any photos until it has been completed so you can all get a better idea.

I am also going to Port Douglas shortly, so I can also give everyone a break.... not:) I will be phoning them after 5 Jan when my builder is back just to keep them on their toes... hehe, it does not always work though:p

MTR:)
Surely you can get them to pay half under the fences act (or whatever it's called).

$65/m to remove asbestos fencing, replace with colorbond and do some retaining?? Is that definite? Seems far too cheap

No, I meant just the colourbond $65-75, however the removal and retaining is on top of this.

cheers

Yes, that makes sense. Thanks WM. MTR, Did you have to replace the fence as a condition of your DA?

No, don't believe so, however the properties next door are so fugly I had to do it.

The only way the neighbours would cough up is if they had to ie if the fence needed replacing/in poor condition, or fence not on boundary, sure there are other reasons??

I just took the dog for a walk around the new estate by me and I counted 5 houses with tradies at them today. I spotted a cabinet maker, a plumber, plasterer, brickie renderer and someone I couldn't identify.

Driving through scarborough today, just along both Newborough and Sackville Tce there was 4-5 different sites all full of people, only one of them being close to lockup stages.
and RE: Cabinet makers, all of the big guys that we deal with shut down either last thursday or Friday. Most of the little - medium sized guys are still going as we speak. Stonemasons, only a few still open.

Driving through scarborough today, just along both Newborough and Sackville Tce there was 4-5 different sites all full of people, only one of them being close to lockup stages.
and RE: Cabinet makers, all of the big guys that we deal with shut down either last thursday or Friday. Most of the little - medium sized guys are still going as we speak. Stonemasons, only a few still open.

Yeah, true. I saw some tradies driving out of a resi building site at Bayswater around 5.00pm.

Surely you can get them to pay half under the fences act (or whatever it's called).

Hematite
Unfortunately you are wrong no one will cough up, many investors and my builder has said not to waste time, will not bother with next project.

Think about it... would you cough up $2-3K if you did not have to???? not putting you on the spot of course:)

Hematite
Unfortunately you are wrong no one will cough up, many investors and my builder has said not to waste time, will not bother with next project.

Think about it... would you cough up $2-3K if you did not have to???? not putting you on the spot of course:)

To answer your question, I would, but I am a bad example.

My neighbour (albeit in another state) chipped half for the fence after we went to mediation. The issue was that they had a heap of asbestos they wanted us to pay for as well as the whole new fence. However I was living in a different kind of area to the one I am hoping to build in.

In WA I know things are a little different (what I feel anyway), so I guess I will be building my fence right next to the asbestos one and leaving the asbestos one standing for the neighbour. Surely I can do that :)

Yes you can build the fence in your property and leave the asbestos fence. The issue is if the fence is on a lean then you could end up losing too much of your land. That was my issue therefore I had to remove the fence and there was no way the neighbour would pay for this.

I don't have the time to sit with a mediator over $3000 when I need to sell, its not going to make a major difference to my life, on the other hand probably reduce my stress.

My builder does this all the time, if neighbours don't pay he erects fence on his land, however as I mentioned it needs to be relatively straight fence.

MTR

There are fencing guidelines just google, quite extensive, however its a grey area, you will see what I mean once you start reading, good bed night material.

We paid 50% of fencing as our neighbour was developing their property this was in Madora Bay, however the asbestos fencing was in good condition but was on their boundary therefore we had an obligation to cough up 50%.

At the end of the day, people don't like living next to properties which are being developed, noise, dirt, tradesmen parking on their verge etc etc so do you really think they want to cough up 50% when they are ticked off with what is happening... my guess is no way.

Yes you can build the fence in your property and leave the asbestos fence. The issue is if the fence is on a lean then you could end up losing too much of your land. That was my issue therefore I had to remove the fence and there was no way the neighbour would pay for this.

I don't have the time to sit with a mediator over $3000 when I need to sell, its not going to make a major difference to my life, on the other hand probably reduce my stress.

My builder does this all the time, if neighbours don't pay he erects fence on his land, however as I mentioned it needs to be relatively straight fence.

MTR

MTR,

if you don't mind but could i ask what if you got your neighbour to sign off on the BA20A form and what was written to describe the reasons? This form is to get the ok from them to remove the fence so that a boundary wall can be built, looking at your plans unit 1 has a garage wall on the boundary.

Hi Stumpie
Its all done and dusted now, the fencing contractor completed this about 1 month ago. Cost $11,400 which also included removal of the asbestos fencing.

Hi Stumpie
Its all done and dusted now, the fencing contractor completed this about 1 month ago. Cost $11,400 which also included removal of the asbestos fencing.

Thanks for the super quick response and the info.

However i was wondering if you had to get a BA20A signed by the neighbour giving you permission to remove the portion of the fence when you built the garage wall on the boundary?

Have no idea, was not involved with this, builder sorted this out, but I doubt he consulted with neighbours.

Back