Sydney Meeting - Wednesday 21/01/15

Long time SS reader, first time attendee...., nice to put a face to those who have been kind enough to answer questions I've raised, but generally sharing their knowledge in this community of common interest.

Penrith Panthers would be a great meetup for us westies. I saw a couple get married at the sports bar a few weeks back. The groom had a bumbag and everything :)

Are we going to have a sign or anything that we can use to identify which table to look for? it will be funny going around and asking are you from SS forum lol

Sydney meeting

Count me in! I'm new too. I'm out west and I second the Wenty Leagues as a venue! I've been out there and it's a lovely venue so long as they don't have an open mic session.

Just checking, the location hasn't changed right?

When: 6:30pm, Wednesday the 21st of January
Where: Off Broadway Hotel. It's a pub beneath Broadway shops which means there's easy parking available (2 hours free parking at Broadway Shops) and approximately 2 minute bus ride from Central Station (or walk the 800m arduous trek)

Will see if wife will let me attend :)

G'day All,

Pardon the confusion, I've been away from the forum a little bit.

The meetup is still on, 6:30pm tomorrow evening at the original venue stated in first post (Bar on Broadway).

I will try and make a small little table marker but in my previous experience the meetup will be pretty apparent as it'll be the largest table in the venue.

Insofar as which name to use, that's up to your personal discretion. In the past, most people introduce themselves by their first name and usually follow up with "I'm so-and-so on the forum", though this isn't a requirement.

Im confused now. Is it broadway or wenty leagues?

It's still at Broadway as far as I can tell, Wentworthville is a separate meetup being discussed in the same thread I think.

This is the Sydney City one, first post has the venue details.

It's still at Broadway as far as I can tell, Wentworthville is a separate meetup being discussed in the same thread I think.

This is the Sydney City one, first post has the venue details.

Thanks Dan!
I'm hoping i can make it, just didn't want to show up and find no one there. :)

I will try and make a small little table marker but in my previous experience the meetup will be pretty apparent as it'll be the largest table in the venue.

Any chance you could stand a piece of paper on the table with the word somersoft on it?

Back