Forgot to renew insurance

well, totally my fault on this one, but its not a standard oops I forgot type situation, but anyway, feeling quite silly at the moment

insurance expired in late Oct 14, in may they sent me a letter saying they werent going to renew (probably because I made 2 claims that year on a different policy)

I sent a few emails asking to reconsider, got a response a few times that state manager would get back to me,
never heard back

forgetful me was relying on a letter saying "your policy is now expired " or "about to expire" type letter, never got one,

doing a claim now for about late dec to mid jan,

I just realised I havent done anything about it,

I know insurance companies have a 90 day or so window, however, in this case they said they werent going to insure me prior

am I totally boned on this one??

I'm with D.T.

Your only chance of any comeback would be if they'd accepted your payment - did you pay for the insurance for the relevant period? - or if they acknowledged in their emails that they'd continue to insure you whilst reconsidering their decision.

I'm with D.T.

Your only chance of any comeback would be if they'd accepted your payment - did you pay for the insurance for the relevant period? - or if they acknowledged in their emails that they'd continue to insure you whilst reconsidering their decision.

yeah bummer

no I didnt pay, normally they send through a invoice for the following year which you have 30 days to pay, most insruance companies will give you a month or two on top of that not to pay but still you are covered,

honestly, I totally forgot.........oh well, live and learn

Back