Toowoomba?

Hi all,

I have a client thinking about H&L in Toowoomba - is there anything significant she should be aware of? I'm not familiar with the region at all so would appreciate any insight.

She's after cashflow mainly.

Thanks!

lots of developments happening. I think its near its peak but that's my opinion.
heaps of units under construction.

better suburbs are

middle ridge
centenary heights
rangeville
mt lofty

my 2 cents

plenty of units to come on soon.

new house and land packages are generally on small parcels of land which is an untested and new market to toowoomba.

Was up in Toowoomba last week and agree with Jameso assessment of the better areas.

Also like East Toowoomba which has the Grammar school and borders Redwood Park. Most properties here are established though and not many H & L.

Cheers

Hi Jess
The guys above have highlighted some of the desirable suburbs. Certainly nice places to live but most stock in these areas are up in price and are older homes. Sensing your client looking for a set and forget rather than a development prospect. I am also wary of units and the teeny weeny 500m H&L packages getting done at Glenvale and the like. For a decent compromise I would suggest looking at a 3-5 year old 4 bed 2 bath on a 1000m sewered block in Highfields, by a reputable local builder. This aspirational satellite suburb is undergoing rapid growth with good facilities, and as new estates come on the land is always smaller and dearer than the ones before them. That kind of underwrites the investment I am speaking of. Even so, I personally lean towards middle-ring Brisbane for capital gains prospects next year or two.
Cheers. The Fox.

I am heading to Toowoomba in a couple weeks..

Does anybody know specifically which areas the units are being constructed in? Would like to go and check them out and talk to nearby agents.

Cheers

Cash Flows

Toowoomba could be nearing its peak. The latest CairnsWatch Herron Todd White report shows Toowoomba nearing the Peak of the property market (property Clock). Obviously more research and DG needed there i would think there would be better places for cashflow + the added CG that could come with it in other areas.

link to the Cairns report:
http://www.cairnswatch.com.au/uploads/uploads/201504fullreport.pdf

there should be a Toowoomba Herron Todd white report flaoting around the net somewhere.

Toowoomba could be nearing its peak. The latest CairnsWatch Herron Todd White report shows Toowoomba nearing the Peak of the property market (property Clock). Obviously more research and DG needed there i would think there would be better places for cashflow + the added CG that could come with it in other areas.

link to the Cairns report:
http://www.cairnswatch.com.au/uploads/uploads/201504fullreport.pdf

there should be a Toowoomba Herron Todd white report flaoting around the net somewhere.

People have been saying it's at its peak for a while now, I figure that whenever people start saying that ( especially on here) then you should keep buying or hold on.

Also those THW reports are good but they seem to sway from hot, not hot, oh no it's hot! pretty quick. Best advice is given on the ground over a few different agents. Also Toowoomba vacancy rate has risen but stock still seems to be leased just as quick. Lots also in the pipeline to start soon.

Couple of buyers agents on here swayed advice to not buy there a couple of years ago and since has had a run if 20+%, it's important to do your own research and take everything on here with a grain of salt IMHO

Back