Property Prices Doubles in every 10 years rule

do you think in 20-30 years they will introduce a new currency that will eliminate the need to spend $100 for a loaf of bread?

no doubt, we have dropped coins 1s and 2s, 5s and 10s are lined up next, at some pint the 50 will go so that we can then drop 2 x 0's off everything

This will slow it down for a while

http://www.afr.com/p/national/economy/national_income_falls_for_second_QO59NFyosLy8rVHqkdcbsI

The national income generated by each Australian has fallen for a second straight year, the first such slump since the early 1990s recession as the economy wears a sharp pay cut from the rest of the world.

The volume of goods and services produced in the June quarter rose 0.5 per cent, 3.1 per cent higher than a year before. But income generated by the economy shrank 0.3 per cent.

The volume of goods and services produced in the June quarter rose 0.5 per cent, 3.1 per cent higher than a year before. But income generated by the economy shrank 0.3 per cent.
Hmm... I wonder if this is because of the 'offshoring' issue.

yes i agree, soon cash will be in-relevant, all will just be digital digits in some form
Agreed. In ten or twenty years time we'll just walk though the checkout at Coles and our phones will be scanned and some digits will move around. Cash will be gone.

Pyramid

Maybe its like a Pyramid and we're just about to reach the pyramid pinnacle and every 10 years, income will be halved as will the property market. :p :cool:

Surely if the property market and income can go backwards for short term periods, it can for the longer term.

All relative.

"Over the last few decades property has been driven higher by:

- Looser lending standards
- Increase in dual income households
- Lower & lower interest rates
- Private debt expanding faster than the economy
- Strong income growth from a mining boom"

You forgot to mention high levels of immigration and also, the relaxing of the Foreign Investment guidelines. As we all know, the Asian market has grown tremendously in recent years. I read that some 60 million Chinese alone are looking to buy foreign real estate, as they become anxious to secure 'hard assets' outside China.

Also, more and more baby boomers are coming into inheritances from their dying parents. A lot of this will be used to buy investment properties. ( This was the case for me).

With these 2 factors especially, I don't see any decline in property prices.

Agreed. In ten or twenty years time we'll just walk though the checkout at Coles and our phones will be scanned and some digits will move around. Cash will be gone.

In fact, apple and other companies are already releasing a phone and watch that can pay for things, so its only a matter of time when retailers jump on board

Maybe its like a Pyramid and we're just about to reach the pyramid pinnacle and every 10 years, income will be halved as will the property market. :p :cool:

Surely if the property market and income can go backwards for short term periods, it can for the longer term.

All relative.

That's right. People should keep believing that. Less competition for some of us.

"Over the last few decades property has been driven higher by:

- Looser lending standards
- Increase in dual income households
- Lower & lower interest rates
- Private debt expanding faster than the economy
- Strong income growth from a mining boom"
This would only have improved the lot of a small amount of folk across wider Australia, I would say.

And; not all those folk would have bought property.

You can bet yer bottom dollar that many of those tradies who went to the mines for the bigger dollars would have spent it on doodads and stuff - not houses.

All relative.

Sure. When the zombie apocalypse hits.

Saying there will be no future growth is pretty stupid. Sure you can look back and draw a graph and explain how that growth came about, but who is looking to the future to predict growth?

We've already shown that we can terraform desserts (UAE, Qatar) so why not the ocean floor or the moon? Mining asteroids? Science fiction becomes science fact.

Dont think immigration is going away.

It does. In 2010 as an International student you could get Permanent Residency straight out of Uni or come as a overseas Skilled worker after meeting set requirements. In 2011 that's not the case anymore. There's no Permanent Residency after University - only Temporary visa and you now have to get working experience to quality. Not every qualified Skilled overseas worker gets PR either now - they get into a poll than selected.

One of 2 Department of Immigration offices in Melbourne is closed. The whole Immigration program is now merged with Asylum program. The employees got twice as much load as they had.

It does. In 2010 as an International student you could get Permanent Residency straight out of Uni or come as a overseas Skilled worker after meeting set requirements. In 2011 that's not the case anymore. There's no Permanent Residency after University - only Temporary visa and you now have to get working experience to quality. Not every qualified Skilled overseas worker gets PR either now - they get into a poll than selected.

One of 2 Department of Immigration offices in Melbourne is closed. The whole Immigration program is now merged with Asylum program. The employees got twice as much load as they had.

Now that's the BEST news I've had today !! Man, I love this gov't. LL

I did that yesterday. Anywhere paywave/paypass can be used, so too can your phone. Well that's with CBA, I don't know about other banks. Given you no longer need a card for ATM Cash withdrawals either, the final step to eliminate my wallet will be storing my drivers license on the phone.

I did that yesterday. Anywhere paywave/paypass can be used, so too can your phone. Well that's with CBA, I don't know about other banks. Given you no longer need a card for ATM Cash withdrawals either, the final step to eliminate my wallet will be storing my drivers license on the phone.

Cant wait till I can ditch the wallet

Back