RP Data Pro Subscription - Where?

Although pricefinder is now the same as APM apparently, from the APM website:

and they have some association with domain..

If they are relying on RP Data, then it's all the same thing just different presentation?

Interesting, I have PDS and APM and when I run vals on both for individual properties I get different results. (hence holding both for balancing out).

Interesting, I have PDS and APM and when I run vals on both for individual properties I get different results. (hence holding both for balancing out).

With certain lenders you can put in the property type as a villa v unit and get different values for the same lender and the val is accepted.

Also can wait until the next day, week, month and get a different figure, sometimes by 10 of thousands and higher val is accepted by the lender.

Last edited:
RPData are actually unique in that they are able to source directly from realestate.com whereas PDS can only source from Domain- big chunk of info missing then.

With certain lenders you can put in the property type as a villa v unit and get different values for the same lender and the val is accepted.

Also can wait until the next day, week, month and get a different figure, sometimes by 10 of thousands and higher val is excepted.

Yeah its a bit random, I have run properties through the programs as units, houses, townhouses to see the difference too, and I maintain its worth having multiple options to crosscheck, as my goal isn't to achieve max val but most fair price prediction so I can give clients realistic expectations of market price and negotiate accordingly.

An API 12 months subscription will give you a price finder account for 3 months. i find pricefinder really easy to use .

An API 12 months subscription will give you a price finder account for 3 months. i find pricefinder really easy to use .

It has a very easy UI and with those kinds of deals it is by far the most affordable pro product for the average punter. If you just want some sales data for your next purchase and don't expect perfect coverage then its pretty good. Its what I started with and I still use it alongside others. Mapping tool is also very good.

so its $99/mth special price, but if you subscribe to API for 1 year for $89 in total, then you get 3 x free months of pricefinder worth $297? am I missing something... as in you would be mad not subscribe to API first?

Yep its a very good deal if all you need is pricefinder for a few months (like for upcoming purchase). If you had your finance in order you could get the data, use it to buy a couple of IP's then let it slide. The API mag deal is how I trialled the service yrs ago (that promo has been running on and off for yrs)

....the downside is you then have to read API mag for a yr or 2...

rpdata - you can graphical plot all the DoH properties in the suburb of interest in a google map style in 3 min. Most DoH scattered in a cluster or groups a suburb. Now isn't that easy to identify streets to avoid. try doing this in PF.

rpdata - you can graphical plot all the DoH properties in the suburb of interest in a google map style in 3 min. Most DoH scattered in a cluster or groups a suburb. Now isn't that easy to identify streets to avoid. try doing this in PF.

Agreed - I never said PF was the be all and end all, or that it could do everything RP can. Just that for punters wanting more than the free options its a good enough starting point.

If you are doing specific kinds of analysis then you need the right combo of tools.

Agreed - I never said PF was the be all and end all, or that it could do everything RP can. Just that for punters wanting more than the free options its a good enough starting point.

If you are doing specific kinds of analysis then you need the right combo of tools.

Getting a high level overview where pockets to avoid for housing commission properties, in your BA reports to client is a must. Now i feel like i am working for rpdata :D

I ended up going with RP Data in the end.

One thing that has really bugged me is the RP Map - Its absolutely useless!!
Its Slow.
Java is constantly wanting to up-date.
Puts you somewhere near the moon, and when you try to zoom in - It crashes.
Did I mention its slow!! - Really Slow!!

I received an e-mail 2 weeks ago from them, saying they are getting rid of Java Mapping (RP Maps) So (Hopefully) when released, it will be an improvement?

Apart from the current Mapping tool, its been a good investment.

Back