IP student accomodation

First time poster here, but have been a lurker for a little while :)

have been looking for some time now at getting into the property market, there seems to be a number of purpose built student accommodation (4 br, 4 bathroom, 1 kitchen, 1 lounge etc)) near universities (in qld), one place that caught my eye has an asking price of $196,500, returning, after outgoings, $18,919 per year,

Looking at longer term investment

Thoughts ?

There's nothing wrong with renting a property to students as long as you are aware of the pros and cons of the demographic of tenant that you are renting to. I'm stereotyping here but typically students like to party, generally aren't too responsible and can sometimes neglect a property.

As a rule I like to keep my properties as bulletproof as possible and picking tenants is like a box of chocolates but on average you can compare students to DINKs, families, retirees and any other demographics to discern risks vs rewards.

That's not at all to say that you won't get tenants like my last lot of students whose neighbours thought the property was empty because they were so quiet.

First time poster here, but have been a lurker for a little while :)

have been looking for some time now at getting into the property market, there seems to be a number of purpose built student accommodation (4 br, 4 bathroom, 1 kitchen, 1 lounge etc)) near universities (in qld), one place that caught my eye has an asking price of $196,500, returning, after outgoings, $18,919 per year,

Looking at longer term investment

Thoughts ?

4 bed 4 bath for 200k

can I have 50 of em pls :)

ta
rolf

Management fees? Can they be rented to anyone other than students? Might limit potential for growth if they are only available to a limited section of the market?

(4 br, 4 bathroom, 1 kitchen, 1 lounge etc)) near universities (in qld), one place that caught my eye has an asking price of $196,500, returning, after outgoings, $18,919 per year,
Would depend on the location ,would be interested to know where this type of property is located,..

Ask the agent to get you all the fees involved. I looked at em a couple weeks ago. The agent takes it off and relists em every 2 weeks to make it look like its only been there for a bit. Get apm or rp data report and it'll show you owner probably has tried selling it for 5 years..

Also, after all the fees the yield ended up at 9% which isnt worth buying because you can buy other units that are 7-8% and can be tenanted by anyone and sold to owner occupiers

from the agent

Attachments

• Untitled21.jpg
    Untitled21.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 129
  • Untitled22.jpg
    Untitled22.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 106
Back