Thank you.

Have to agree that I've also learned a lot from the brokers - and the BAs and the PMs.
Must say, my posts don't seem to have the seagull effect - everyone knows I'm already with the best bank there is. But the responses I've had have been very helpful.
That's why when someone responds to my posts, I know they're the real deal.
In some ways it's refreshing having professionals on the forum because they don't throw themselves holus bolus into every argument going. On the other hand, there are a few who could let their hair down a bit.
Very unlikely that I'll ever use a broker (though who knows?) but there are 1 or 2 I'd definitely look into from here if I needed to.
I love reading Redom's posts. What a smart young man! Will read everything from Terry.
I also like knightm and propertunity and jacque. I don't get the impression that they're trying to win my business. A bit sus about the ones who never reply to my questions ...:p

Last edited:
This place is a great learning resource (and its always nice to be recognised!).

I'd just be lying if I said that brokers don't have a business interest posting here. Although, I do believe the information all the brokers post are incredibly valuable for the community as a whole. I know as a fellow professional, I've learnt plenty from some of the names mentioned on the list. The information posted here helps me be a better broker and some played a very large role in becoming a broker.

Also, I think one of the difficulties associated with being self-employed is the lack of a workplace community (at least for smaller operations). SS has kind of a community feel to it.

Taking my professional hat of, i've met a lot of very inspiring people through the forums that have greatly assisted. I don't mind whether they're fellow brokers, buyers agents, selling agents, or just friends - they've delivered value to my own life/investing journey.

Cheers,
Redom

I regularly search old threads for info (trust and land tax for example) and pass onto clients. That's how I stumbled upon here 5 odd years ago. It really is an amazing resource.

everyone knows I'm already with the best bank there is.

I will bite

thats only because you havent tested the limits........ : )

Its extremely rare that one can build a large portfolio with one lender for a variety of simple but not obvious reasons, some of which have ZIP to do with the lender.

ta
rolf

Can't someone just say "your welcome" - without analyzing and defending the motives? LOL

On behalf of everyone here

YOUR WELCOME!

I will bite

thats only because you havent tested the limits........ : )

Its extremely rare that one can build a large portfolio with one lender for a variety of simple but not obvious reasons, some of which have ZIP to do with the lender.
ta
rolf

I know you're right Rolf - if I wanted a large portfolio, my current lender wouldn't suit me at all. They might've changed by now but they told me several years ago that the max they would allow me would be 10. But they've grown a lot since then.
Also, their IO rates were higher than PI until recently. Even now they're limiting the number of offsets.
Not saying I won't look at diversification down the track. Just that, at this point in time, less is more. I know that's going to freak some of you out. :p

I have used service from people on this site. And I'd say their professional standard is miles higher than those I'd found out from a few other sources.

Sharing knowledge does serve as both goodwill and personal branding. As the economy is shifting to a service centered one, consumers need ways to tell the quality of services they receive (Also what sort of person the service provider is). Service is not an identical gadget you buy from Apple Store. I am ok with the business motive any day.

For me, Im here firstly as an investor. I contribute and congregate mainly in the finance bit cause thats what interests me.

I reckon I have referred at least 50 clients of mine here over the years when they ask me about investment properties.

Any other brokers do the same?

Back