• 2.5 mill to 2.99 mil

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • 3 mil to 3.99 mil

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Over 4 mil

Votes: 11 8.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This is really about LVR, and am curious what SS members think, which would you prefer... which is better? Its not a trick question, there's no right or wrong:p Just curious.

$8M property portfolio - 4M equity; or

$6M property portfolio - 4M equity

Looking at all aspects ie finance, management, stress (tenants), risk etc

MTR:)

Definitely the 8 mil portfolio.
All else equal, the 8 mil portfolio would have cost more to set up in entry costs, which in turn allows for more capital growth overall if that is your goal.

This is really about LVR, and am curious what SS members think, which would you prefer... which is better? Its not a trick question, there's no right or wrong:p Just curious.

$8M because larger asset base when there's growth = more dollar value growth. i.e. +10% = 800k versus 600k

Closer to retirement definitely option B, no need to be greedy!
If I was 30-35 definitely option A

Voted $4mil+. We have been into IP's since 1985, so 30 years.

You would need a couple of more brackets(x15) in your options to cater for the higher equity end:D

Where is Daz

Cheers

Mr Handyandy

That means about $20M:eek: but that was prior to the Sydney boom, and all your properties are in Sydney right, Cabramatta if I remember correctly Other than 12 in USA

So with the boom, do you have an idea the equity you made over the last 12 months, I would guestimate at least 2M, now I am seriously jealous:p

So... is this a Current Net Worth poll, or something else? I'm trying to work out how to vote. :)

I would have though that net worth is easy to calculate, but apparently some people have voted on some other basis...?

ie
Lol - I wish!
That is not my net worth! It's roughly how much money was generated in property deals and equity over time.

If I was smart enough to start a business that generates cash flow at that time then it would have been a different story.
Or kept our J.O.B

Unfortunately we used a lot of the equity to live off with the title of "full time property investors"

I have better structures in place now - huge learning curve!
I've made all the mistakes - interview me if you want an example of what not to do when you've made a lot of money :(

Xenia, what did you count in your "$4m (but apparently not $4m)" vote?

Re highlighted part of the quote above... does that mean you MADE then LOST $4m....????

WOW, that doesn't sound good.

Threads and polls about how long it took to achieve financial involve too many variables to make any significant comparisons.

How about a poll specifically on how much capital growth/equity growth you have achieved only via property transactions considering all costs involved, CG tax too if you've sold.

Go.

So... is this a Current Net Worth poll, or something else? I'm trying to work out how to vote. :)

I would have though that net worth is easy to calculate, but apparently some people have voted on some other basis...?

ie

Xenia, what did you count in your "$4m (but apparently not $4m)" vote?

Re highlighted part of the quote above... does that mean you MADE then LOST $4m....????

WOW, that doesn't sound good.

Sorry if it wasn't clear.
The intention of the poll was:

How much equity/growth have you gained from property gains only, taking into consideration associated costs.
Current market value to be used for calculations for properties being held.

Thats pretty damn amazing, so what did you do to turn it around, I have an idea;)

nothing fancy really. Went crazy (according to my husband) and bought properties then kept buying. Discovered you can increase your equity fast by doing renos. THEN hubby got interested. LOTS of long days and 7 day working weeks (doing renos after work and all weekend). This also makes for amazing yield making properties CF+ from day 1.

Add a Sydney boom. Yeehah! We sold one property to increase equity and cashflow. Hubby is retired. I'm still working part time only because I love my job and am worried what I'll do for the next 30-40 years if I retire. :D

@ 4.5 Mil portfolio with @ 3 Million in debt..... produces enough deductible losses to reduce tax on 200K of income to basically zero, plus pays me an additional @ 90K Tax Free after all costs are accounted for.

So from cash flow alone I expect the portfolio to generate close to $3 Million tax free in the next 10 years.

I intend to redeploy the majority of the $3 Million tax free income towards other investments, generate a bit of a compounding return on that money and then then pay down the $3 Million in debt after 10 years. That should see me sitting on a multi - million portfolio with no debt, generating @ 300-350 K of passive income from rents, after all expenses.

This is all achieved without the requirement for me to ever contribute any funds to the portfolio, and before any capital growth is considered. Assuming only modest growth of 50% across the portfolio in the next 10 years, the portfolio would be worth well over 6 Million , with zero debt and a passive income of 300-350K .

If I'm wrong about growth and the portfolio doubles , the equity increases but the cash flow would remain the same...

If Im wrong about growth and I get none at all- the value of the portfolio wont increase and the cash flow remains the same.

Back