Somersoft leading indicator through the roof

It's true, Lord Sim posted some stats a while back that corellated with booms/busts and activity on the forum.

@ See Change

If this forum was a racehorse, you'd be done for animal cruelty atm.

/me takes the whip away

Mark

Vicki laughed at that ...:eek:

You might be able to ramp a spec on hot copper , but , nothing I do or say here is going to move the aussie property market .....

Though , maybe if I put away the bull whip and got out a cat of nine tails ;) , which , to be honest , is more in keeping with my maritime inclinations ...:rolleyes:

Reality is that this reminds me of those early days in the 2000's .

Cliff

Reality is that this reminds me of those early days in the 2000's .
[emphasis added]

Probably before I arrived here....

As much as I remain personally agnostic as to the voracity of any forthcoming "wider movement in dwelling prices" - even Stevie Wonder would be able to see the anticipation building on this forum.....

[emphasis added]

As much as I remain personally agnostic as to the voracity of any forthcoming "wider movement in dwelling prices" - even Stevie Wonder would be able to see the anticipation building on this forum.....
I am with the thoughts of the early 2000's. Only time will tell.

[emphasis added]

I remember chatting to a newbie in the chat room about where was going to take off next , rocky , Mackey , cairns or townsville or as it turned out , all of the above.

I don't think you're old enough to have Alzheimer's yet mark :cool: or maybe ....

Cliff

I remember chatting to a newbie in the chat room

No, I remember that.... (quite well, actually)

But even by then (mid 2003) the bushfire was already widespread and massive and no-one (not even the RBA, at the time) had a hose big enough to douse the flames.... and said newbie just wanted to find somewhere that was not yet already alight...

...otoh, what we're talking about here (and admittedly I haven't read a lot of the threads in great detail) is a few errant grassfires... who knows maybe they'll spread or perhaps even combine into one massive fire... or maybe they'll be extinguished.

Funny you should say that Cliff - reminds me of 2002 ish as well... I only commented the same to my wife a few days ago.
Just seems like some nice growth is just around the corner in Sydney and Brissie again...

Hi David

How's things going ? Great to see you are still around .

Mmmmm.

Maybe a sub indices could be how many old hands are making reappearances.

Cliff

No, I remember that.... (quite well, actually)

But even by then (mid 2003) the bushfire was already widespread and massive and no-one (not even the RBA, at the time) had a hose big enough to douse the flames.... and said newbie just wanted to find somewhere that was not yet already alight...

...otoh, what we're talking about here (and admittedly I haven't read a lot of the threads in great detail) is a few errant grassfires... who knows maybe they'll spread or perhaps even combine into one massive fire... or maybe they'll be extinguished.

Mark

When we were debating on which were the best places to buy in , my recollection is that there were plenty of posters who were prepared to throw cold water on property investing as a whole and buying cheapies in regional areas which was all the rage back then ( and still are for many ) .

I remember being involved in a few heated debates ( I'm older and wiser now )

Cliff

See Change

I think you may be on the money with this being reminiscent of early 2000's - I was never a great poster here but read lots and joined early around 2003, it's interesting to see some of the old names still here and yes, I came back for a look to what others were saying about property market turning....

Timbo

Bump ....

One thing some members keep forgetting is that most people in the real world don't have an ongoing infatuation with property .

Sydney is continuing to boom at the moment . For how long , I don't know , but certainly until winter kicks in IMHO , unless there is some major economic crisis eg GFC 2 . Downwards pressure on interest rates , falling dollar will make Australia more affordable for cashed up OS investors .

Lots of chat about where next , brisbane's seems to be the topic of much chat , though has been here for a while . I think I forget at times about how far ahead of the pack this place can be . We bought in Brisbane late 2013 and one developer was effectively giving a 50 k deposit to ensure his block sold before dirt was broken . I notice he's not doing the same with his latest development so that's amother few mill in his pocket .

Personally my time frame is over ten years for those buys , but out of academic interest I think Brisbane will be the next to have a big move , unless Sydney continues to surprise us all .

Then where ..... ?

Cliff

Bump ....

One thing some members keep forgetting is that most people in the real world don't have an ongoing infatuation with property .

Sydney is continuing to boom at the moment . For how long , I don't know , but certainly until winter kicks in IMHO , unless there is some major economic crisis eg GFC 2 . Downwards pressure on interest rates , falling dollar will make Australia more affordable for cashed up OS investors .

Lots of chat about where next , brisbane's seems to be the topic of much chat , though has been here for a while . I think I forget at times about how far ahead of the pack this place can be . We bought in Brisbane late 2013 and one developer was effectively giving a 50 k deposit to ensure his block sold before dirt was broken . I notice he's not doing the same with his latest development so that's amother few mill in his pocket .

Personally my time frame is over ten years for those buys , but out of academic interest I think Brisbane will be the next to have a big move , unless Sydney continues to surprise us all .

Then where ..... ?

Cliff

Why no love for radelaide?

Brisbane seems to have been the flavour of the month for a while now. Do many people actually think it will be the next to have a 'big' move?

Shh DT, wait until I get a couple more IPs here, THEN you can big it up.

In the meanwhile... nothing to see here... keep moving.

My thoughts exactly, went to a view a heap of properties recently and it was fairly quiet, great for buying IMHO

Back