How to get my private sale listing on realestate.com.au ?

we see tenants trashing houses because they signed a lease, couldn't afford to pay the rent then blame the landlords for renting to them. How dare someone have a house and I have to rent from them!! Trashing a house is breaching a contract and a way of "getting back" at what some people believe is unfair! All above is very similar!

So a tenant trashing a house causing financial loss, stress and hardship to the owner is comparable to average Joe tactfully (although illegally) advertising his private sale on re.com... in turn saving thousands of dollars in commission from the greedy paws of an agent? sorry, I don't see the similarity there. ;)

I think there are two different scenarios being covered here, Pete.

1) An agent such as the one mentioned - Happening - is appointed as an agent to sell the property, but on a fee for service basis and with only limited services provided, eg their agency is limited only to marketing the property. As the marketing agent, they list the property on realestate.com.au. This arrangement has been constructed, I imagine, such that it doesn't violate realestate.com.au's rules, even though I'm sure it would be contrary to realestate.com.au's intentions. ;) I don't believe anybody's labelling this as illegal.

2) An agent, who is NOT in any way acting for the vendor, lists a property that is for PRIVATE sale on realestate.com.au in exchange for cash. ie they're simply profiting from their ability to list on realestate.com.au, but have no involvement in the transaction. If you read Xenia's post carefully, you'll see she's only labelling this behaviour as illegal and dishonest. And from what I understand of these contracts, I think that's a fair cop. :)

YES, all that, exactly, agree!

Thanks Tracey.

Now to make a quick escape before I get tempted to answer more.

That's my quota of SS for the week back to work!

See you all next week! :D

It costs 4k??!!!!

The least expensive way I could find to get listed on re.com.au was via a marketing service (see previous posts for details) that cost $1000 upfront and $3000 on settlement. You also get domain.com.au and other marketing services so it's not a bad deal really.

Private sale

Were gong through the process of looking at private sale. Weve go the contract and worked out estimated sale price. Im told we can list our property on realestate .com does any body know where.

The least expensive way I could find to get listed on re.com.au was via a marketing service (see previous posts for details) that cost $1000 upfront and $3000 on settlement. You also get domain.com.au and other marketing services so it's not a bad deal really.

Here are 4 that are under $500. One of them is $200. There are many more.

http://realestateyourway.com.au/sel...no-agent-property/Listing-prices-and-packages

http://nomorecommission.com.au/

http://realprivate.com.au/

http://www.propertynow.com.au/

Cheers
Adrew

No private sales site has yet been successful enough here in Oz to capture a large enough audience to make every potential buyer use it. There's about 8 minor players but even their sites are lacklustre and clunky to use.
What we need is someone with a LOT OF STARTUP CASH and determination to get an equal private sales site up and running. Trouble is, you've got to pay for advertising to gain exposure (and I can't see realestate.com allowing ads on their site somehow for this) give it sufficient time to get known and run the risk of failure, like many private selling sites that have gone before.

Getting a nice looking and user friendly site up and running is not very hard.

RE.com.au is quite a basic site with basic features and not a good one either. It also looks pretty outdated and doesn't use the latest technologies. They just have most of the traffic. That is agents listing properties and most importantly buyers looking for properties.

There aren't probably enough private sellers out there either. I think most sellers prefer to use an agent and not worry about it.

Cheers
Andrew

Were gong through the process of looking at private sale. Weve go the contract and worked out estimated sale price. Im told we can list our property on realestate .com does any body know where.

After many phone calls and searching I found this product that does realestate.com.au and domain for $440.00.The cheaper services don't really have support or phone enquiry service. (which most of our enquiries are coming from at the moment).They also charge for addition changes etc.
So here's the website www.sellyourrealestate.com.au

^how did you go with this?

I'm thinking about selling my investment house in Como (WA), but I dont really want to pay an agent $15000 for the sale.

Back