Women on SS are atypical

china, I met my husband in a nightclub. So you never know...

Also I go to the gym nowadays and see lots of young people not saying a word to each other. Strike up a conversation, it might be the best thing you ever did.

I bumped a shopping cart in the supermarket, and apologised to the young lady, well younger n me, and it seemed that even that amount of conversation is unheard of, she became very chatty up n down the aisles

ladylove was there to protect me, strangers have cooties.

Try casserole's dish 'talk to em'

"whats your sign" doesnt work

confident women -
There is no such thing.
Anything seeming like it is an anomaly, try hard as they like.
Don't blame me, blame whoever you think is the "creator".

As a regular churchgoer (as in every week), I can advise you that churches are full to bursting with classy, single women.
Lmao! Got any more jokes?
They are mostly reborns hoping to be absolved of their past and live the fairytale, or find a schmuck to foot the bill.

Internet dating sites are full of entitlement princesses and newly arrived.
Very few exceptions.

This is true, but given your post count, you do seem to have a soft spot for this particular soapbox.
I come here to talk about real estate not the latest women's whinge.
If they were so confident they would just get on with it instead of crying all the time.

Any mainstream Christian church. I know HEAPS of good looking, single ladies in the 20s and 30s who go.

I must say that the local Catholic churches that I occasionally attend are full of old style personnel. Not many young people for a start and certainly not handsome, single young females. I believe that young people in the world have steered away from mainstream religion in droves in recent times.

Any mainstream Christian church. I know HEAPS of good looking, single ladies in the 20s and 30s who go.

i agree... definitely lots of opportunities. I can think of at least 30 single women at church, in my service (there are 2 other services). Looks are in the eye of the beholder, but most are not loonies. (there are some loonies everywhere you go!!)

maybe try a more modern church. I go to a Pentecostal church, but Uniting, presbyterian, baptist...... all will have a similar situation of young women, patiently waiting for hte right guy.

I must say that the local Catholic churches that I occasionally attend are full of old style personnel. Not many young people for a start and certainly not handsome, single young females. I believe that young people in the world have steered away from mainstream religion in droves in recent times.

Keep in mind also, if you hit 'em up for a bit of the old 'wink wink' your chances of striking out are very high!

'Good day ma'am, fine weather we're having on this lovely Sunday morning don't you think?'
'Forget it sunshine, I'm saving myself for Jesus.'

Ah China, I too was going to suggest a pentecostal church for meeting fine young ladies who represent the best of both worlds - modern and old fashioned rolled into one.

What if you score a bonus - Daddy has already bought her an E class. You wont find any Mercs in a Baptist or Pres church car park, sorry.

If china's going to approach this in a strategic way, I suggest he drive around and spend some time in his car in various church carparks.

This way he checks out the talent and the wealth of it's parishioners - saves wasting time at church A when all the good looking chicks in Mercs are at church B :cool:.

Last edited:
Ah China, I too was going to suggest a pentecostal church for meeting fine young ladies who represent the best of both worlds - modern and old fashioned rolled into one.

What if you score a bonus - Daddy has already bought her an E class. You wont find any Mercs in a Baptist or Pres church car park, sorry.

Why are pentecostals wealthier than baptists and pres? I thought they were all variants of christianity.

Why are pentecostals wealthier than baptists and pres? I thought they were all variants of christianity.

There is a perception that pentecostals tend to believe in prosperity preaching, ie God wants to bless you with success in life, especially material and financials. This is not particularly wrong just the impression it gives of more emphasis on these areas of blessings in life that seem to come from the pulpit.

If you are in Sydney try Hillsong in Baulkham Hills and you will find lots of young vital people plus positive messages.

i think the ladies posting in this thread deserve a lot of credit for not losing it to be honest, some of the posts have been beyond ridiculous

I go to a C3 church . pentecostal, but most are a little more edgy than Hillsong, and smaller.The northern suburbs is a big area, but there is one that meets in Carlingford high school. My one meets in Top Ryde (89 Blaxland Rd). another in Lane Cove Public School, and the "mother" church is in Oxford Falls, which is a big church like Hillsong (different style though).
I dont know so many traditional churches... Beecroft Uniting. Epping Baptist, Nrth Epping and West Epping Baptist used to be good. the anglican church near Epping Station is very traditional. St Anne's anglican, in Ryde is more visitor friendly I think. My friend from school is the minister at Tyron St Uniting church. I've neve been there but she is very creative and i imagine it would be good, so long as you dont mind women ministers.............. well that should get you started...

Most of the Pentecostal churches do an "offering talk" as well as the sermon, so it gives it a higher profile, which is why they have a reputation for being focused on money. There is an expectation that you will be blessed financially, (and in all areas of life) and an expectation that you will tithe (but obviously noone know if you actually do or not). I've been giving 10% of my income to the church since I had income. I guess if you added it up, it would be very significant. But its just something I do and i believe is important, even when money is tight. I take it out via direct deposit, so I dont really miss it. Its just something I've always done, and I dont feel that I've missed out on anything as a result. In fact, just the opposite... we believe God provides all we need (not necessarily what we want though!). So, He will supply finances in those times where we dont have enough. I can honestly say that this is my experience.. I was a missionary with no income for several years.. no income but never without.

One warning.... some protestant churches still have a fairly negative attitude towards catholics. So, just try to sus that out before you go.
Our pastor and his wife were brought up catholic, but he was already married when he felt a call to ministry.....and I think quite a few of the pentecostal churches attract catholics, because there is more of the mysticism in there, which catholcs are used to.

Back