It is worse than that he's dead Jim....

I enjoyed that thread about Star Trek but it got locked after it drifted into a black hole of negativity. I suppose it was a question of expectations- and this thread is also about expectations. Is forum etiquiette dead?

I had no problems with the jokes, which did seem to get some offside, but sometimes the attacks were personalized. I suppose politeness is old fashioned. Oh well........

I didn't read that thread until it was mentioned here. It was kind of interesting. Token Founder's comment was the best I think :)

When I first entered the forum there were many quality posters compared to now lot of newbies either come pushing their their investment properties, or either some though comical talk with a Phd degree in doctors, salary of millionaires and high end cars or others just think being a trade is the next best thing.

But all in good fun though

So true......the one about doctors, millionaires, and high end cars is an absolute pearler!!:D

The SS Comedy club at its best. ;)

When I first entered the forum there were many quality posters compared to now lot of newbies either come pushing their their investment properties, or either some though comical talk with a Phd degree in doctors, salary of millionaires and high end cars or others just think being a trade is the next best thing.

But all in good fun though

So true......the one about doctors, millionaires, and high end cars is an absolute pearler!!:D

The SS Comedy club at its best. ;)

the fascinating thing about that doctors thread is that there is maybe 1-2 posts about the actual topic, and then 100's about all this irrelevant stuff.

and for me, the star trek thread was interesting because the OP obviously didnt get why everyone was posting trekkie comments, and couldnt see that the innocent spelling mistake made him look ridiculous, and negatively affected his case, not only here, but almost certainly with Fair trading and the Bamboo company. A spelling mistake like that can definitely cause problems!!

But its so frustrating when threads just go round and round in circles. Sometimes I just want to sit peple down and bang their heads together.... if you have to make the same points 3 or 4 or 15 times, you are not going to win... move on!!

but I do have to confess that Coffee Shop topics are almost always my favourite ones!! Provides me with much amusement and interesting insights into the ways that people think

Frankly I am a little disappointed that the Star Trek thread has been closed. I was really starting to enjoy it.

Unfortunately you have to bring some humour into it when people get stroppy and can't see anyone elses point of view or take advice. Honestly I admire some of the posters perserverence, but they may want to relax otherwise I fear they may just blow a gasket if they keep their stress levels that high!

And the doctors thread - I hadn't read it until this morning. Talk about tiresome.

"We simply must accept the fact that Captain Kirk is no longer alive"

the fascinating thing
fascinating.jpg

Frankly I am a little disappointed that the Star Trek thread has been closed. I was really starting to enjoy it.

Unfortunately you have to bring some humour into it when people get stroppy and can't see anyone elses point of view or take advice. Honestly I admire some of the posters perserverence, but they may want to relax otherwise I fear they may just blow a gasket if they keep their stress levels that high!

And the doctors thread - I hadn't read it until this morning. Talk about tiresome.

"We simply must accept the fact that Captain Kirk is no longer alive"

yep, perserverance is definitely needed for the doctors thread.
.... and self control.
I must not respond, I must not respond, I must not respond. Dont keep this thing going.

Its 25 pages, and most of it is just rebutting one person, who continues to make stupid claims about different things, none of which are relevant to the initial post. Soapbox doesnt even come close!

yep, perserverance is definitely needed for the doctors thread.
.... and self control.
I must not respond, I must not respond, I must not respond. Dont keep this thing going.

Its 25 pages, and most of it is just rebutting one person, who continues to make stupid claims about different things, none of which are relevant to the initial post. Soapbox doesnt even come close!

Perhaps a Seinfeld episode about nothing?

Back