Farewell from WW

Based on what I believe are unreasonable moderator decisions today, and the moderator's unpreparedness to explain himself, I am exiting the forum permanently. I think this is an outcome that will be to the approval of at least one moderator.

If I could leave you with one piece of advice. IMHO, tHere will be more gain in timing the market than buy and hold over the next 10-15 years.....which I suppose puts me at odds with Jan Somers' philosophy.

Onwards and Upwards everyone.

WW,

I don't know the story but am surprised by the decision of moderators as I donot believe your posts are against forum policy.

It would be a big loss for Somersoft members for sure.

Wish you all the best and hope things change in future and you decide to come back.

Cheers,
Oracle.

Based on what I believe are unreasonable moderator decisions today, and the moderator's unpreparedness to explain himself, I am exiting the forum permanently. I think this is an outcome that will be to the approval of at least one moderator.
WW
I'm surprised that a difference of opinion is enough to make you leave a community of property investors.

Take care mate
Cheers

Huge loss for the forums IMO. You present such a balanced view, often with impressive data to backup your opinion (a rarity around these parts).

Are you posting, blogging or otherwise sharing your views and data anywhere else we can keep track?

I didn't see what happened this time, either.

But, like thefirst, I do hope that in time you come back to the forum in one way or another.

Goodbye Bruce, in all your forms here.

I have been thinking of the same, but not yet made up my mind.

To me, the decisions recently made have not been good moderation. If everything controversial is taken out then the vanilla flavour of what is left is not really going to help anyone.

bye and all the best

Sorry to see you go WW. Your posts were insightful and well-researched.

Thanks for all your contributions.

You will welcome back, you know. ;) It's OK to change your mind.

Cheers.

For information of forum members, Dazz has also withdrawn from the forum based on a moderator's decision.

I was the moderator who deleted Dazz's post.

A moderating decision is not taken lightly and it is not taken in isolation.

I deleted a post based on a complaint from another forum member. My action was put in front of the other mods, as any action is. Sometimes actions are reversed or sometimes another action is taken.

I can understand that people may see action as inconsistent. However, apart from being difficult to apply consistency when there are so many shades of grey, we also cannot cover anywhere near all the post in the forum, and rely on other members to report problems to us.

I have personally been attacked very hard for moderating decisions with my name. It can hurt. It is a largely thankless job. I did withdraw for some months after one such attack.

But I enjoy the community which exists. And I don't like to see people getting stepped on. If I am the person stepping on somebody, I also expect to be reported. It has happened. Sometimes things don't come across in the way they are intended. And sometimes, being human, I've just had a crappy day.

Moderating decisions are normally not explained, and I am not attempting to explain my own decisions. Just trying to show something of the thought process.

Last edited:
Winners Never Quit

Hi WW,

Napoleon Hill said:

Winners Never Quits

Quitters Never Win

Bye for now. Have a break, then...

... then come back :)

No battle is worthwhile if it comes too easy.

No win is sweet if there is no sweat.

As a member of the SS community, I appreciate the width and depth of your views and feel thankful for your selfishness in sharing out your learning.

Above all, there are many of us in SS who are doers.

We walk what we talk. We practice what we preach. We made mistakes, fell but we don't give up, standing up high again. We are no geniuses, but we are not wimps.

That's why we hang around in this ground.

See you again :)

Soon :D

Wow - thats 2 big hits to the forum.

All the best gents you were both fonts of wisdom and shall be missed this place won't be the same without you.

Hope you comeback.

If I could leave you with one piece of advice. IMHO, tHere will be more gain in timing the market than buy and hold over the next 10-15 years.....which I suppose puts me at odds with Jan Somers' philosophy.

Onwards and Upwards everyone.

Winston i think you are being a little bit 'silly' here.

We are all guests of Somersoft, the moderators have a job to do, and over time there will be disagreements with their decisions.
But whats the solution, with varying views there will never be 100% consensus, so one just has to 'go with the flow'.
In sport, an unpire might make a bad call, but the game just has to live with it (not saying this is the case here, i dont know anything about this specific case). The game doesnt cease.

Buckle up buddy, if you do decide to go, i think it will be a loss for both you and Somersoft.

Why you?
because it gives you a forum to present ideas, sometimes those ideas are tradeable ideas. So by presenting them, you actually you either challenge or reinforce the idea. (of course this is aside from the value content that your posts provide to other readers)

This is one of the reasons i enjoy talking about shares.

Anyway hope you change your mind.:)

Last edited:
Back