An Interview with Propertunity

Good onya Prop.

I really enjoy the interview section, thanks for arranging it Y-man.

There is something there for beginner and veteran investor alike.
What you do Prop, doesn't feel like work to you. Helping others help themselves (for those who need those services) and getting paid to do it.............monetising a passion is great success IMO.

Thanks for sharing :)

Thanks Prop, Great read and plenty of wisdom in such a small space. Espousing such wisdom based on real experience comes at a cost you know. Folks will start asking you lots more questions. :D

You have obviously been through a few cycles so what is your feeling about the current market in general? (Let's keep it to the markets you know well)
A few of the regular commentators are becoming pretty upbeat about the next couple of years. :)

.....so what is your feeling about the current market in general? (Let's keep it to the markets you know well)
A few of the regular commentators are becoming pretty upbeat about the next couple of years. :)

I'm very upbeat at present also. The market really turned in Dec 2012 - we need another 3 months to get the last 3 months of data through from settlements - but when they come, I think there will be some surprises.

Where we are buying, we are regularly seeing properties selling over asking price. Days on the market are sometimes coming back to hours, or a few days only.

We are competing with agents buying their listings - and I don't mean "buying a listing" (by overquoting the price), but buying the property they just listed. Auctions are over-heated and many bidderrs paying over the odds.

Styled properties (which I and others can 'see though') are fetching $50K over real value on only $350-400K priced properties. (Thanks to The Block and other such shows).

Boom times! ;)

THAT was great. we're only just starting to make in-roads on purchasing our first property and that was the kind of factually passionate information we needed. Great read, thanks for continuing to spread the fever.

Great interview propertunity.

You are right too, I believe the market is already on the rise, every good value property I see on realestate are under offer by the time I call the agent.

Thanks Prop!

Thanks Prop,

That was a great read. Your experience shines through.

Just wondering whether you still hold a share portfolio?

Regards Jason.

Just wondering whether you still hold a share portfolio?
Regards Jason.

Thanks Jason,

Not so much these days. I really lucked-out with the share market and the GFC. I sold down a lot of shares taking profits just a few weeks pre-GFC. (not because I could sense the GFC coming - just because I was ca$hing in).

I then created a list of my next "buys". But the Buyers Agency got super-busy and I just did not have time to get around to buying a bunch of shares on my list, which included quite a few that subsequently turned out to be "duds" ala ABC Learning and others. Very happy about that with the benefit of hind-sight.:D

Great interview!

It was inspirational especially for me as I am planning to go down the same path in terms of the property strategy (I'm not going to be a buyers agent...I'm more of an interior designer/staging type I think :D)

ASH

Back