TV & Movies - What are SS Members Watching

ABC kids

giggle & hoot
angelina ballerina (multiple times a day)
sesame street
mike the knight
Ra Ra Lion

anything interesting on sbs catchup..

I recently saw both Cloud Atlas and Life of Pi.

Didn't like either, wouldnt recommend. My son loved Cloud Atlas (no taste).

Also saw the new Die Hard - not the best - its like they wrote the storyline around the biggest carchase they could think of. Preferred this one over the other two. Was also the first movie I've seen in an Imax theatre - liked the size of the screen.

Anyone watch QI? I'm surprised it hasn't got a mention in this thread.

yup :)
the hour
doc martin
miss fisher
(there's a whole lot of shows on this channel..which atm is the only one we get)
..other's I can't think of the names
miniscule (bug cartoon/type short)...so cute !!!

yup :)
doc martin
I've enjoyed the English version over a number of years. Have you seen the French version? Very similar character descriptions (fat plumber, pharmacist with a neck brace) but rather more slapstick than the English version- the nice English subtlety is gone, but it's interesting to see. SBS2 Tuesdays.

Restoration Home and Grand designs (UK)
Elementary
Downton Abbey
Pierrot (love the costumes)
Big Bang Theory
Catalyst last night caving in the Nullabor
Currently vegging out in front of Spy Kids 2

Who has time for TV?

I manage to watch MKR most nights and flip over to the Block during add breaks. A little bit of Big Bang but that's about it. Strangely enough when I'm at the better half's house we watch a lot of SBS but I never do at home.

I prefer to be in bed by 9.30 reading the Game of Thrones series. Just finished Book 3 - A Clash of Kings. Never watched the show but the books are seriously good. If I ever get another tattoo it will say "Valar Morghulis" :)

Breaking bad
Game of thrones
Homeland
Sons of anarchy
The walking dead

All of this is in digital stored format so I can watch at a suitable time for me.

The days of sitting down to watch a tv show at a predetermined time with ads are over for me unless it's news or sport.

All the good American TV shows are available for download right after they are released back in the USA. Superb quality too so my TV is hardly ever on unless I hook it up to my laptop to watch a show on a big screen.

Apart from Rake,

What am i currently watching?
A fantastic set of ads that were created for UBS in the 1990's.

Truely inspirational, especially for someone with my temperment.

http://neilfrench.com/ubs/index2.html

Boring for many, but not for me;)

Edit i should note that i remember watching these adds at my parents house on foxtel in the 1990's (but from memory they were BT adds, not UBS).

Furthermore i find it truely ironic that UBS didnt learn from its own adds, given that these were writen just several years before the end of the secular bull market (or maybe they did, but its the clients who wore the bathwater???).

Anyway whatever my musings, it does not take away from the truely inspirational undercurrents of the ads themselves

The Following

Oh man, this show is so bad! I love it. Kevin Bacon <3

Justified

Boyd Crowder, best character in any t.v. show right now. Also, Eva is a babe, what with that sexy accent.

The Walking Dead
Archer

I read TWD comics religiously, so kinda disappointed how the show doesn't follow the comics (but Daryl rules). Archer is hands down one of the funniest shows ever. Pete, have you seen Bob's Burgers? If not, check it out, it's great! H Jon Benjamin does the voice over for Bob.

New season of Mad Men has started, for those that are interested.

Back