Old casket tickets

I was going through old xmas cards etc and found a sunshine casket ticket. Maybe its a winner! Is there a website nowadays to check old winning tickets? :D
ps- I also found an old paper $10 note. :)

Last edited:
Thanks Sailor. Unfortunately it has a 7yr claim time and I think this Sunshine Casket no. 1094 is long expired.

Any currency collectors out there? The $10 note doesn't have any *star marks. It's serial is MHV 077094 with Greenway on one side and Lawson on the other. Still only worth $10? :)

Ten Dollar Note..

Hey Brenda, some of those early decimal notes can be of collectors value to someone...I use to collect pre decimal coins, and I have an old Renniks Australian Coin and Banknote Values book..

I'm not real familiar with the decimal notes but according to this book the more valuable notes were those with "Commonwealth of Australia" across the top, especially those of Coombs and Randall (Governor of Reserve Bank of Oz) and (Secretary to the Treasurer).

I know the pics are of Greenway and Lawson but you need to check out the signatures of the Reserve Bank guy and the Sec to the Treasurer..

Also it's a plus if the note is in good condition..

I believe the asterick refers to what they used to replace the last digit replacing printer's spoils...discontinued 1971.

www.answers.com/topic/australian-ten-dollar-note

a little more info, and a selling site with some more recent values of some $10 notes are:

www.downies.com/aca/auction293/catalogue_089.html#pt010 ten%

When I cashed in all my old pre decimal collection at a coin dealers I found them to be worth far more than what I had figured out via a value book.

OK so the note doesn't have Commonwealth of Australia, just Australia. I have one in 1,265,959,091 circulated. Value, likely only $10? Governor was Frazier, Secretary to treasure was Cole.

Do I spend it now or wait until I'm really old and wrinkley and then cash it in for a better value?

i kept finding old penny's under the carpet in my reno's. unfortunately not a single was was rare and all only worth a dollar or two.

darn - was hoping for one worth enough to pay for the house! :D

l,ve got a couple of petrol coupons, although the way the price of that juice is going they may be worth something again real soon.
Also have a radio licence, can you imagine having to get a licence for the audio equipment thats around today.
AND for those who are against the Australian ID card l have one of those too from the 30s[l think,] no not mine. Govt issue for every citizen in the country.
So back to the money yep l have $1.00 $2.00 $5.00 ausie paper notes and l must say they look and feel funny.What ya get used to hey?
cheers yadreamin

Hey Ya dreamin...any of those one dollar's a "Commonwealth of Australia" "Coombs and Wilson" or "Coombs and Randall" ? (especially star notes)....
plus the Australia one dollar, Knight and Wheeler with serial letters DBP?
Could be worth a little.

The two dollars...C of A ..Coombs and Wilson, Coombs and Randalls...have some good value.

The fivers, wow, C of A.. Coombs and Randall/ Phillips and Randall esp star notes possibly worth a lot, possibly thousands depending on quality of the note.

Any of the Commonwealth of Australia ones you may have, get 'em checked, especially if they are in really nice condition and the asterick/star ones...and I will only take a 20% commission for now and trail fee of $1000 per note.. :)

Hey I thought you were a Vic kid this weekend?
You better not be in the honeymoon suite playing on a computer!!

Have fun kid ;)

Back