Today Tonight, the tenants from hell!

How on earth was it allowed to go on for so long before proper action was taken? Wonder what the time frame was between the bounced deposit and trying to evict them?

Surely if they are squatting that long then some stronger action could have been taken to evict them. Sounds like the agent was pretty weak.

hilarious, I missed that line.

I pity the poor neighbours, that must be a barrel of laughs.

selling off the pontoons... next it'd be stripping the copper wiring from the ceilings. or selling truck loads of water, filled courtesy of the hose

next it'd be stripping the copper wiring from the ceilings. or selling truck loads of water, filled courtesy of the hose

Don't laugh, but all housing dept homes that get sold off around here are sold with the exclusion of copper pipes and hot water heaters because some of the scum in the area steal them as soon as they know the house is vacant.

Of course, nobody is treating them as squatters because the 'tenants' will be acting like settlement is pending.

Nobody is treating them as tenants either because it would be an admission that they had a legal right to be there at some stage.

So it falls between the cracks of the legislation. It takes some work to sort out exactly how they should be processed and that then raises more issues for the owners.

I didn't see TT - but the way I see this thread - it's the agent and the solicitor's fault if the deposit cheque bounced - should've waited until funds have cleared and finance approved and contract unconditional. It makes it hard to get vendor trust to get access to the property pre-settlement. Pity.

TT had an update this evening. The son came out and attacked the reporter and smashed the cameraman's camera.

This is much more entertaining than Desperate Housewives!

Pay the 5-10k for a security firm to have 3-4 people full time for a week turn up and turf everything on to the footpath, change locks and live there. What are the "tenants" going to do- sue you?.

Was thinking the same thing.

Just send in removalists with a security company and remove all of the items owned by the owner (as the owner wants them back), empty the pool (it's unsafe those things), remove all the curtains (as the owner is thnking about getting new ones) and change all the locks (as the owner can't find the keys and needs new locks).

If that doesn't work, then get the security company back in to clear the place out as the owner is thinking about painting the entire house.

Put the security guards on to make sure that the house remains empty for the occupants safety.

Back