Granny Flats and Section 94 Contributions Explained

Thanks for digging this a bit further for me Serge.
I rang to pay the fees just now anyway - let's just get it over and done with and start the build. There's no one able to take payment over the phone so they'll call me back today with their EFPOTS machine person. :\

Hope it hasnt changed, but I recall the only payment blacktown council accepts was credit card. no bank cheque or EFT. If they're hitting the 9K mark, hope people have a big limit on their credit card...

Hope it hasnt changed, but I recall the only payment blacktown council accepts was credit card. no bank cheque or EFT. If they're hitting the 9K mark, hope people have a big limit on their credit card...

The new estate-areas (Minchinbury etc) are rumoured to go to around $25k for Section-94 Contributions on granny flats. This will apparently happen on 21st October. That's four days from now!:eek:

The problem is neither the State Government nor the Department of Councils has ANY power to stop it. Council's freedom to charge whatever S94 fees they like is embedded into The Act.

Believe me. I've done a few laps of enquiries and every NSW Government Department says they have no power to stop it.:(

Brazen.

I'd be holding off until a decision is made by the new council as to whether they will continue to consider waiving S.94 contributions. Might be an idea to speak to the mayor about it.

But, this is the same council that wanted close to 1 mill in S.94 contributions for a medical centre :rolleyes:

Hi all, does anyone have the latest on what Wyong Council is charging for grannies? Last I heard they waved section 94s but that was in 2012 for a year I think. Their website says 0.3 development units, but I am unsure what that means in terms of $$.
Cheers Ali

Hi all, does anyone have the latest on what Wyong Council is charging for grannies? Last I heard they waved section 94s but that was in 2012 for a year I think. Their website says 0.3 development units, but I am unsure what that means in terms of $$.
Cheers Ali

I'm also interested in knowing about Wyong council charges for granny flats. Anyone?

Wyong council contributions

I have been to Wyong council today and I still have no idea how much I will expect to pay in S94 contributions for a granny. Lots of conflicting info and it even depends on where in the council area you are building. It appears that there will be a hefty sewer, water charge on top of the S94 as well. I will update when I can work my way through the bureaucratic maze.
Cheers, Ali

I have been to Wyong council today and I still have no idea how much I will expect to pay in S94 contributions for a granny. Lots of conflicting info and it even depends on where in the council area you are building. It appears that there will be a hefty sewer, water charge on top of the S94 as well. I will update when I can work my way through the bureaucratic maze.
Cheers, Ali

Hi Ali,
Thanks for updating us. I was about to ring them but obviously wouldn't get much further over the phone if you still don't have an answer after visiting them in person :confused:
Cheers

I am going to speak to a couple of wyong granny builders and see what their clients are being charged. It looks like you can avoid S94 contributions if you build in the new warnervale town centre precinct, but nowhere else. Apparently you need to know the total build cost and provide plans before they will give you an estimate of the contribution. So if you have this, you probably should go ahead and ask!
Cheers Ali

Thanks Ali. Don't think my property falls under the new Warnervale town centre precinct. I also don't have an idea of the build cost or plans at this stage. I was more after a general idea as I'm not sure when (and if) to go ahead with the granny flat construction.

Hi Ali,
Thanks for updating us. I was about to ring them but obviously wouldn't get much further over the phone if you still don't have an answer after visiting them in person :confused:
Cheers

Wyong Council is charging between $8000 and $9000 for a GF. This includes S94s and water/sewerage, according to builders I spoke with.
Cheers Ali

PS: I get the indication from my inquiries that councils across NSW are discovering the cash cow that is GF builds, so if your council has waived the fees, it might be good to get an approval before they hike them through the roof (so to speak).

Wyong Council is charging between $8000 and $9000 for a GF. This includes S94s and water/sewerage, according to builders I spoke with.
Cheers Ali

I recall this was an indicative figure when I enquire to Wyong council about 12 months ago, though they have designated region A, B, C D that may vary slightly

Back