Toongabbie-western sydney outlook??

Subvert the dominant paradigm :cool:

It's mainly because the typical westy bogan doesn't see them as being bad migrants by and large.

Mainly because the media doesn't tell them they are bad :rolleyes:

Oh no! Don't use the "L" word. Please!! I didn't mean it!!!

Indians

Yes, the Indians are coming :)
industrious, yes.
Yep.
These areas have seen significant growth. The 'immigrants' as you call them, like to stick together - they have a strong concept of family. They have their temple there too. Demand is high, supply restricted (apart from the new unit blocks) and therfore prices have risen and will probably continue to do so.

How interesting! I have seen for myself how the CHinese drove up Hurstville prices and by all accounts are now moving into Hornsby.....

Hmm....it will be interesting to have racial profiling as an IP selection! How about the other way around? Where not to buy??:eek: (oops ! on second thought, better not go down that road )

I have a apartment in the complex you are referring too. I believe $265k is a good buy. The developer still owns more than half of the complex and slowly selling it down. The recent sales have been around $270k - $280k. The strata is a killer but rent is just as awesome. With the right managing agent you can easily rent the unit between $380 - $400 per week. That is a yield 7.4% and not to mention the depreciation that you will receive
This complex is very popular to rent and there are plenty of families interested in renting it out.
I would hold as there has been huge change. The new wollie is getting busier. The small mall is seeing a lot of movement.

Good Luck.

Thanks for the reply.

You are right. I had a look at one of pdslive reports and seems like the price that investors paid during 2004(when it was build) was really high. Was around $320-$330k. Only concern is prices have been steady since long time.

They have their temple there too.
Also every second shop is an Indian based shop in Wenty and Pendy.
This wave of Indian migration is based on 'skill migration'. Most of them are young IT professionals. They push the rent up as they can effort to pay the rent. Wait till they have enough deposit to buy a house and start having kids!

Been a while since any update on the area. Prices have moved significantly (as have in other areas in Sydney). Though still not as high as Hills. E.g. Baulkham Hills prices are in 800's - albeit the area has no trains etc.

How are prospects for Parramatta surrounds given now these are some of the cheapest areas on the train line unless you keep moving further out west. What do people think?

Back