Changes / tightening on servicing for investors

S&P estimates that $18 billion will need to be raised by banks to bolster regulatory capital.

That is the amount that banks could potentially use for lending. Assuming a 2% margin, that's $360 million in potential lost profits per year by the banks.

It's happening.

I presented my Broker with my completed Build Contract today to finance an IP construction and was told he'd had a tip off this morning that NAB are tightening their restrictions as of today/tomorrow. My land has Settled and the Construction was pre approved so I'll be ok.

Any Brokers get the same "little birdy" tip off?

My land has Settled and the Construction was pre approved so I'll be ok.

dont ever rely on any lender navigating the moral hazard in the most appropriate way.

Im guessing you are right, but the one I was fed today about existing clients of one lender being stuck and why is quite interesting

ta
rolf

Thanks guys.

So who do we have left at 90 LVR + LMI? I'm guessing some smaller solutions looking for market share at perhaps slightly higher rates?

Why p+i at 25yrs and not 30yrs?
Is there any reason left to use nab rather than the other majors as their service is crap? I/o period terrible also?

What's the process for PPOR loans that are turned to IP loans in the future? We are in the process of getting a 75% 3yr fixed / 25% variable with offset loan for our first property (PPOR). It will be IO with 89% LVR and we intend to live there for 12-18 months.
Once it's converted to an IP at that point, will there be any negative repercussions?

Yep, got it last week. I've mentioned it on here somewhere. Word is NAB is going to 80% LVR for investment if the goss is to be believed.

Just got word that they will reduce LVR's on IP loans - but it will be higher than 80%

Changes coming within next couple of weeks

Cheers

Jamie

Back