• 2.5 mill to 2.99 mil

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • 3 mil to 3.99 mil

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Over 4 mil

Votes: 11 8.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Didn't start too long ago. ~$100k CG in approx 3 years across 4 properties. Will look to double this figure each year. Haven't included any costs.

I purchased my ppor in November 2011 for $445k. It is now worth $640-650k
No investment properties yet. Hopefully in a couple of months

Voted $4mil+. We have been into IP's since 1985, so 30 years.

You would need a couple of more brackets(x15) in your options to cater for the higher equity end:D

Where is Daz

Cheers

A third of a million.

$250k of that in about an 8 month period (two purchases, both under value in a rapidly rising market).

I entered the market (PPOR) in Oct 2010. First IP late 2013, second early 2014.

After the wedding, paying all debts, paying sales fees and capital gains tax. I'd be lucky to hit 6 figures.

In equity I have a whole lot more.

Even with the last boom, delusions of being far ahead are dashed. I realise it really is a long term game. I'm just glad I'm not starting married life in debt.

You must have made more than six figures on your North St Marys place alone in the past couple of years - I think you said as much in the granny flat thread.

Based on you doing at least three granny flats out there you would be in the second bracket at least.

5 people that have made $4m + in equity growth...some forumites have clearly done incredibly well for themselves (or theres a lot of BS going on).

I don't think there's any BS. You have to remember that we've got a lot of wealthy people on this forum, & to be honest, $4m isn't that much.

I don't think there's any BS. You have to remember that we've got a lot of wealthy people on this forum, & to be honest, $4m isn't that much.

True.
If you are one of the very early starters, aggressive active investor or a more mature investor who's held a good size portfolio through 1 or 2 cycles, 4 mil in gains is very achievable.

Agree with above, don't think it's BS.

I aim to have $4M worth of property in my first 10years of investing. Give that 1-2 cycles and should have $4M+ of equity gain.

For some it's easier to label it as BS as it's unimaginable. Very limiting belief.

I personally think achieving $4m in equity is very achievable. Especially for the crowd on SS - I would imagine there'd be a few on here that'd comfortably double/triple that figure. I'd imagine there's a few here that have achieved it by 30 (if so, would definitely like to hear more via an interview!).

I may have been misinterpreted. The bracketed comment I raised was in the context of data quality issues associated with polling wealth related questions. The behavioural elements of asking this type of question often: a) cause an upward bias, b) lead to poor data quality with random responses. This is pretty usual consideration that's outlined when the statisticians examine this type of data. E.g. if you put this on SMH and asked the question, you'd see the above play out. SS, given its crowd, would see much less of it I assume.

Cheers,
Redom

This is really about LVR, and am curious what SS members think, which would you prefer... which is better? Its not a trick question, there's no right or wrong:p Just curious.

$8M property portfolio - 4M equity; or

$6M property portfolio - 4M equity

Looking at all aspects ie finance, management, stress (tenants), risk etc

MTR:)

Also, just another side issue, recent poll, majority of SS members age is around 20-40 range, 10 years can make a massive difference when growing a portfolio.

Also, just another side issue, recent poll, majority of SS members age is around 20-40 range, 10 years can make a massive difference when growing a portfolio.

Agree 100% MTR - believing it can be done is the key to making it happen.

Definitely - for a 25 year old with a $2 mill portfolio (assuming 100% financed for arguments sake), simply relying on 1.5% real growth till retirement age will get them past that figure comfortably.

As for the question...hmmm if its an option of 'take either one, no changes' i'd rather have more assets working for me ($8m). With rates so low, the extra $2m of debt should almost service itself depending on the asset portfolio.

Although, if I could take the $6m option and do what i'd like with it (cash out 2.8 million and use it to fund a massive expansion plan) - i'd pick it.

Cheers,
Redom

I hit the 1 mill mark last year after 7 years of investing and honestly I didn't do a lot in that time. There are lots of people on here that were much more aggressive during that time or who started a little later than me who are doing extremely well now.

Last edited:
Back